No Mic Detected

Auryon

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
So I built my computer back in March and I use a set of speakers plugged into the back port and when I want to talk to friends on mumble/skype I plug in my headset to the front ports.

Last week the microphone stopped being detected in the recording devices. The headset works fine when plugged into the back but I'd rather not have to unplug it and plug in my speakers every time since the computer is under my desk.

Realtek sound manager keeps wigging out and pops up asking me what's plugged into the front ports even though nothing is plugged in. I have to disable notifications to get it to stop.

I contacted Corsair and got a replacement I/O panel and the problem is still there. I have tried downloading different drivers and updating the motherboard bios but nothing has worked.

Meatfish

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
Have you installed anything else that might be interfering with the drivers? Try and remember every little change as it could be something that is seemingly totally unrelated causing the issue.

Auryon

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013

May have installed new gpu drivers before it happened other than that just windows updates.