Question No mic input on Corsair Void Pro headset ?

I have owned my Corsair Void Pro Surround headset for just over two years. It has worked great through that whole time. However, two days ago, I lost all Mic input from the headset. I tried a bunch of things, and nothing seemed to work, including,
I downloaded all available updates through iCue.
I unplugged all the connections and plugged them back in.
I removed my USB extension cable.
I tried multiple USB ports (no USB docks, straight to motherboard).
I made sure the windows sound settings were still good.

Windows will not pick up Mic input, and neither will Discord, where I first discovered the issue. The only input I have gotten is when I click the Mute button on the side of the headset, Discord shows the mic as activated for a split second. I cannot hold the button halfway to maintain activation, no matter what I do I cannot get it to stay active for more than a split second while pressing the Mute button. I restarted the PC a few times, as well as made sure Discord was up to date, though I think the issue is deeper, because Windows will not show any input either. Both Windows and Discord properly detect the Mic. I can select the Mic as the input device in both Windows and Discord, and like expected, it was the default for both, the way I had set it before. The headset works fine, I can hear games, websites, and other people on discord.

Does anyone have more ideas? I really hope the headset isnt broken. My last $20 headset broke after 5 years, and this $60 has stopped working after 2.

I actually tore the headset apart after failing with everything else I could think of. The wire that runs through the semi-flexible mic arm is made of a very thin copper wire that had split apart. I took the Mic out and ordered a desk mic since the rest of the headset was still in like new shape.