Question No mic works on discord

victorastroem9

Honorable
Oct 10, 2017
Hi i have been trying to fix a problem with discord 4 like 2 months and i can not get a hang of it. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall everything. My razer headsets started to not work anymore and i have had it happen before then i bought a new pair. Now it happened again and i dont know but it seems like its either my usb outlet or motherboard is crapping or something in files but i cant find it my razer kraken 7.1 ultimate worked in razer software but not on discord, and not skype either. then i bought a new pair of razer that i used until 2 months ago it happened again. The funny thing is the 2 headsets work on another computer so i dont know if the audio card is toast or the outlet ive tried switching outlets and its the same. So now im standing here with 3 headsets that i thought was broken but is not. I have been thinking of buying a separete audio card so i can plug it in and use it instead of the ones thats intergrated. But i dont know maybe its the files or audio options that are wrong or something in windows i just cant seem to get it to work now i have lg headset and it didnt work either. What should i do? all the other things work besides mic out i dont get no sound out its weird

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.20GHz 26 °C
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
16,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-35)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. STRIX Z270F GAMING (LGA1151) 24 °C
Graphics
BenQ XL2720Z (1920x1080@144Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 34 °C
Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB (SATA (SSD)) 32 °C
2794GB Western Digital WDC WD30EFRX-68EUZN0 (SATA ) 28 °C
232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD)) 22 °C
465GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB (Unknown (SSD))
930GB Microsoft Storage Space Device (SATA (SSD)) 23 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
Logitech PRO X Gaming Headset

the razer headsets do work with discord for awhile and then eventually stop working? They work the sound part of it but not the mic same with my headset now that is Logitech

Do the Razer headsets fully (audio and mic) work on your computer with other non-Discord apps?
Not skype but razers app synapse i could record my own voice without any problem just not in disc or skype

Do other (non-Razer) headsets fully work without problems on your computer? With both Discord and other audio apps.

No same there the Logitech which i thougt was going to work didnt work on the same basis the same problem with them the mic wont work.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

One question for clarification: the razer headsets do work with discord for awhile and then eventually stop working?

Do the Razer headsets fully (audio and mic) work on your computer with other non-Discord apps?

Do other (non-Razer) headsets fully work without problems on your computer? With both Discord and other audio apps.

Try running the built in Windows troubleshooters. The trouble shooters may find and fix something.

Could be some problem with one or more Windows systems files.

Try "sfc /scannow" and "dism"

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.howtogeek.com/222532/ho...-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/

victorastroem9

Honorable
Oct 10, 2017
i maybe need a full reboot of windows then because the things in the sfc did not work either. i shall try the dism thing but otherwise i have to reinstall omfg all the games and things i have gonna take a year lol