Question No monitor output from graphic card with qcode A0

belham

Reputable
Nov 9, 2014
i recently restarted my computer after about a month or 2 of simply putting it to sleep and now the only way i can get any video output is by using the motherboard video input. the only thing i did was addon an artic extreme cooler before the restart.

the motherboard shows the qcode A0 which means everything is alright but i have no video output when using the graphic card. it lights up and the fan spins but just no video output. only using the motherboard video input do can i see the computer load up.

all i did was a restart....no idea what has gone wrong. i have tried repluging the graphic card ... but nothing works. how can i solve this?

i5-4690k
z87
2x 8gb ram
250 gb sata hd
saffire r9 270

taeioum

Upstanding
Jan 27, 2019
Sometimes something breaks. I'm not saying anything is broken though, but consider the possibility.

Lets begin with what motherboard you actually have, as we can't know what explanation belongs to what debug code.

belham

Reputable
Nov 9, 2014
After days of trying to seperate each component out , this is what i have seen:

[1] as long as i do not have my gpu connected with power cables, my computer runs fine as long as my monitor cable is connected to the onboard gpu connector

[1] if i have my gpu connected to the power cable and ANY of my usb plugged in, i get an AE error message and no display

[3] if i have my gpu connected to the power cable and NONE of my usb plugged in, i get an A0 error message and no display

can someone plz help me with what is going on?