Question No monitor output on newly built PC, but motherboard debug leds are off

Feb 1, 2020
EDIT: After some testing, it turns out the GPU was the problem.
EDIT 2: It turns out the GPU power cables were plugged in incorrectly. Now it boots.

Hello everyone, I just built a new PC and have been trying to get it to work, except I can't get it to work.

I'm using an MSI motherboard with debug leds, and all leds turn on and off before eventually turning all off, but my monitor won't show a thing. (I've tried two different monitors, so that shouldn't be the issue.) All fans in the PC seem to be working, including the CPU and GPU ones.

My PC has the following components:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X processor, with the following cooler: be quiet! CPU Cooler Dark Rock 4
  • GPU: Asus ROG-STRIX-RX5700XT-O8G-GAMING GPU
  • Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX moederbord
  • RAM: G.Skill DDR4 Ripjaws-V 16GB 3200MHz RAM
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G3 550W PSU
  • SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 SSD
I've tried to boot it without RAM or GPU, and those should work according to the debug leds.

I've also tried removing the CMOS battery to reset the BIOS, which had no effect. The Motherboard should support this CPU by default without updating any drivers. No other devices are connected to the PC besides the Monitor, so that also shouldn't be the issue.

Does anyone perhaps have any advice as for what the issue might be?

Last edited: