Question No monitor signal after BIOS.

Mar 18, 2020
My secondary PC that I just use for TV recently started having troubles. It restarted then got stuck in a repair loop. I had planned on getting a new video card and SSD for awhile, so I went ahead and installed them. Now the problem is that I can install windows just fine, but then 5-10 mins after loading into windows the monitor loses signal and won't boot anymore until I reinstall windows again (after multiple restarts it did load into windows once, but haven't been able to repeat). Could windows update issues be a possibility?

I've tried multiple video cards, cables, monitors, hard drives, PSUs, updating BIOS, memtest, CMOS, unhooking all non-essentials, and probably some things I've forgotten (CPU doesn't seem to go over 34c). I replaced most of the parts with ones from my gaming PC which I know work. I'm hoping it's something other than the motherboard, but not sure what else it could be. Any help would be appreciated.

ASUS M5A97 plus
AMD FX 4300

Mar 18, 2020
There was no crashes, so no dumps.

I had more time to mess with it today. The monitor would lose signal as soon as I tried to install video drivers, and sometimes 30 seconds after booting into a fresh install (think it may have tried to auto install drivers). Could boot into safe mode and use DDU then load into windows until it installed drivers again. Could install drivers in safe mode and noticed it somehow removed all audio devices when I did, but monitor had no signal when loading windows normally anyway.

I guess the other vid card I tested before was somehow too much for the 600w PSU. So, I tested an old 8800GT and that worked fine. The 710GT seems to be the issue. Returning it tomorrow.

TRENDING THREADS