Apr 6, 2020
My monitor says no display signal andgoes to sleep right after bios when the windows logo shows up and nothing will work to get it to recognize ANY signal at all. It will work up until the windows logo shows up and it just shuts down by itself. My TV cable provider, my ps4 pro or my PC. (All which were previously able to be displayed on my monitor) are not being able to get a signal from the TV, it just turns on and shows the asus logo, loads up bios then goes blank.. but when i conect the HDMI and displayport to my other monitor which is a 4k monitor everything is instantly recognized and it works fine, i was even able to boot up games and play on it just to make sure everything was fine.

i have tried the old unplug the monitor and plug it back in trick and nothing. I did a clean OS reinstall and nothing worked.

also my Time Spy and UserBenchMark scores are exactly what they were a month before the power outage.

My monitor is a 1440P Asus TUF gaming VG27BQ.

This happened after a power surge then outage.
and my rig is:

B450 Tomahawk max MOBO
3600 trident z neo 8x16 RAM
Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
Asus Rog strix 2080 super GPU
A thermaltake 650w gold plus psu
Seagate barracuda 2tb HD
Fractal meshify C case

Could this power outage have damaged my GPU? I was still able to boot and play Fallout new vegas for a bit.

what do you guys think? Could the surge have messed up my monitor?