Question No monitor signal after driver update - out of ideas

mattmilne94

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2012
Hi, i'm in urgent need of some help as I need this PC for my work.

I've just built a new PC. Installed Windows fine, ran windows updates, started installing drivers. Installed NVIDIA latest GPU Driver

I started installing latest drivers for my MOBO. Upon installing the intel rapid storage driver update it asked for a restart which I did, upon restart my computer no longer detects my monitor, I don't even get a BIOS screen or anything. My computer seems to load fine and I can even hear audio from the computer if I spam shift for sticky keys so it seems that the computer is loading in the background I just can't see anything.

Here are my specs:
Intel Core i5-10600K 4.1 GHz 6-Core Processor
Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black 55 CFM CPU Cooler
Asus ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Gigbyte Gerforce 1060 6GB

I've tried both HDMI and DVI cables in my graphics card as well as plugging my HDMI directly into my mobo but it still doesn't recognise it at all.

I have no idea what to do because I can't even get to the BIOS to do anything.

Can you guys please help me.

mattmilne94

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2012
I have two identical montors both ASUS 144hz, about 1.5 years old, were working 2 hours prior to switching to new PC build.

I just managed to get it to to work using a DVA from the other monitor. I just went and reinstalled windows to be on the safe side. When I first built the PC it was posting a orange mobo light which indicates DRAM issue for my motherboard after reseting CMOS I eventually got it working. I experienced a few other odd issues where I couldn't get into my BIOS even after restarting to UEFI settings it just went straight to windows logins. Could this all be related to a potential RAM issue?

Jan 17, 2021
I have two identical montors both ASUS 144hz, about 1.5 years old, were working 2 hours prior to switching to new PC build.

I just managed to get it to to work using a DVA from the other monitor. I just went and reinstalled windows to be on the safe side. When I first built the PC it was posting a orange mobo light which indicates DRAM issue for my motherboard after reseting CMOS I eventually got it working. I experienced a few other odd issues where I couldn't get into my BIOS even after restarting to UEFI settings it just went straight to windows logins. Could this all be related to a potential RAM issue?
is it working after resetting CMOS?