No monitor signal on start up in SLI

cam_96

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
hi, i recently upgraded my PC to SLI. I was having trouble with the setup at first, because my motherboard was not recognizing the 2nd card. I decided to go into the bios, and i change the SLI configuration, and everything worked well.

However, since then, whenever i start my PC i get no signal (cant see anything on monitor) until windows starts loading. Once that happens, everything works perfectly. I just cant see the BIOS.

I know this is a SLI problem, since when i remove my 2nd videocard, i can see the BIOS no problem on startup. This problem has persisted in vista and windows 7, although i doubt its a windows problem.

Any help would do please, as I cannot find much online. I feel asthough it isnt a product problem, but something silly in the BIOS, for example a setting.

thanks!

PC SPECS:

Monitor: proview
Videocard: geForce 9800gt SLI
Memory: 6 GB
motherboard: M2N-E sli
Power supply: 700 watts OCZ

cam_96

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
i do without a doubt for my video cards.

They only thing that might be in question is my motherboard. Ive gone to the nvidia site, and ive tried installing the latest driver. However i remain unconvinced that they have updates my motherboard.

How can i check this?

cam_96

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
hi, thanks for all the replys.

i cant find my system information in the Nvidia control panel.

There arent any options called that

I'm not running W7 on my SLi rig so I am using the Vista install for reference :-
chipseto.jpg

Do you not get this after you have installed the nForce 15.51 drivers?

cam_96

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
nope. I dont have both the performance and system update tab.

i could try and load vista and check, i think ive seen that before.