no monitor signal, outdated bios?

Dec 5, 2018
Hi!

I just built my gaming pc and tried to boot it , but the monitor got no signal. I tried using hdmi , display port (plugged into the graphics card and mobo too) , another monitor ,etc. The pc runs perfectly , rgb leds are on , fans are running. I also checked the cables , maybe i did something wrong , but it seems perfect to me. Taking out gpu , ram , mobo battery and other common fixes are not working either. I have a z370-f asus rog mobo and an i7-9700k cpu. I'm curious if the problem can be caused by outdated BIOS , since the z370 was designed for 8th gen cpus. If thats the case , is there any option to update it without changing cpu (i had a laptop before so i dont have any other cpus to switch to)?

If anyone has any idea what should I do , please tell me.

Thanks in advance! :)

Solution
If you have an older BIOS, then you will need a compatible CPU to flash to a compatible BIOS. Your choices are to get a CPU from a place with an insanely generous return policy or take it to a local computer shop (I assume they will charge a fee .. $25 ???).

Check the sticker on the box for a manufacture date. The proper BIOS came out in July 2018, if your board was made after that, then there is a good chance that the BIOS is good and something else is going on.

Near the memory slots, there are 4 LEDS (Boot - Yellow green, VGA - white, DRAM - yellow, CPU - red) ... if any of these LEDs come on and stay on, then there is an error with that component.
If you have an older BIOS, then you will need a compatible CPU to flash to a compatible BIOS. Your choices are to get a CPU from a place with an insanely generous return policy or take it to a local computer shop (I assume they will charge a fee .. $25 ???).

Check the sticker on the box for a manufacture date. The proper BIOS came out in July 2018, if your board was made after that, then there is a good chance that the BIOS is good and something else is going on.

Near the memory slots, there are 4 LEDS (Boot - Yellow green, VGA - white, DRAM - yellow, CPU - red) ... if any of these LEDs come on and stay on, then there is an error with that component.

Solution