NippleCollector

Honorable
Dec 15, 2016
Hello, this all started a day ago when i booted up my PC and was randomly met with "no signal" on my monitor. After i restarted my PC once or twice it went into some sort of automatic repair because it "didnt shut down properly" after the auto repair the "no signal" issue was seemingly fixed. Later that day i decided to update my NVIDIA drivers to try and prevent it happening again, when halfway through updating, my screen showed "no signal" like before. I let the PC sit for 20 or so minutes because i was worried about interrupting the update, and after the 20 minutes had passed i manually shut down the PC by holding the power button. (no other option)

Now today i try and boot up my PC and was met with "no signal" again and could not get it to fix itself like last time. I start my PC, it lights up and fans are spinning and everything it's just the monitor that says "no signal". I'm able to boot into safe mode and everything works fine, so i know that both PC and monitor are at least functional. Now that it's booted into safe mode i've been trying to factory reset my PC for hours and absolutely nothing i try is working.

Every time i try to factory reset i get the message "There was a problem resetting your PC." I've tried everything; System Restore doesnt work, Startup Repair doesnt work, the Windows Media Creation Tool doesnt even work, i got an "Error code: 0x8007043C - 0x90018 when trying to reinstall windows. I've tried a lot of solutions i found online such as "sfc /scannow" "DISM RestoreHealth" "Rename System/Software Registry" and nothing seems to be fixing anything.

One thing i havent tried yet is installing Win 10 on a USB on another computer and installing from the USB but is that even worth trying? I feel like i would just get another error message if i tried.

At this point im just totally lost and don't know what to do. Should i try installing Win 10 from a USB? It seems like the only solution i havent tried yet, i just dont want to go out and buy a 10gb flash drive just for it to give me another error message. Is there anything else i can do while in safe mode to either fix the "no signal" or allow me to factory reset?

oh also idk if its useful info or not but under "Windows Update" in settings it says "Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later." idk if its because im in safe mode or part of the issue.

Please help me if you know what you're doing because i definitely dont. Thanks

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.,

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

= = = =

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that may be being captured when the "no signal" events ocurred.

= = = =

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to look for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melting, cracks, pinched or kinked cables, browned or blackened areas, loose or missing screws, swollen components, corrosion, etc..