[SOLVED] No monitor signal upgrade ASRock b450m steel legend and Ryzen 5 3600

Apr 27, 2021
Hi I have installed a new motherboard ASRock b450m steel legend and a new CPU Ryzen 5 3600. But when I boot I get no screen coming up on the monitor?

I connected the speaker thing on the motherboard and I get 5 short beeps then it waits a second gives 1 slightly longer beep.

On the motherboard box its says Ryzen 3000 series gen ready so I dont think its a bios update thing.

Could it be the GPU thats not working? The lights are going on it but I notice the fans arent spinning on the GPU. Although I did try my old GPU and the fans did spin but got the same beeps.

Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Ok its the GPU my RX470. Tried it in another machine didn't get monitor signal. Tried another GPU in my machine and worked first time.

Unfortunately bad time to be looking for a new GPU :(

I guess for others all I can say is its just a matter of ruling out each component to find the one that's faulty.
Apr 27, 2021
Ok its the GPU my RX470. Tried it in another machine didn't get monitor signal. Tried another GPU in my machine and worked first time.

Unfortunately bad time to be looking for a new GPU :(

I guess for others all I can say is its just a matter of ruling out each component to find the one that's faulty.

Solution