No more drivers for the Millennium G200?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

Hi everyone,

After reinstalling Windows XP, I download the latest Millennium G200
drivers from matrox.com...the trouble starts when I go to install it.

The PowerDesk installer tells me that my Matrox card (Millennium G200)
is not supported. It shows an empty "Devices supported by this
software" box and a "Devices not supported by this software" box which
has "Matrox G200/G250 AGP/QuadHead" listed in it.

Has anyone else with a Millennium G200 encountered this too? If not,
then I guess my ol' Millennium G200 is frigged and hence not
recognised by the installer. Btw, my card is not a G250 or a QuadHead.
WinXP also detects the card as a G200 too.

Cheers for any replies :)

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

"CTS" <pigeon_doodie@ziplip.com> wrote in message news:d7362420.0405041440.4397f23b@posting.google.com...
> Hi everyone,
>
> After reinstalling Windows XP, I download the latest Millennium G200
> drivers from matrox.com...the trouble starts when I go to install it.
>
> The PowerDesk installer tells me that my Matrox card (Millennium G200)
> is not supported. It shows an empty "Devices supported by this
> software" box and a "Devices not supported by this software" box which
> has "Matrox G200/G250 AGP/QuadHead" listed in it.
>
> Has anyone else with a Millennium G200 encountered this too? If not,
> then I guess my ol' Millennium G200 is frigged and hence not
> recognised by the installer. Btw, my card is not a G250 or a QuadHead.
> WinXP also detects the card as a G200 too.

Is it a Matrox card, OEM card or an onboard controller?
I believe the G200 was sold under all three flavors.

Rick

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

You can get a G400 off eBay for $20-25

"Rick" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<c798s6$16860$1@ID-82690.news.uni-berlin.de>...

> Is it a Matrox card, OEM card or an onboard controller?
> I believe the G200 was sold under all three flavors.

Authentic Matrox retail-packed AGP card.

I think the card's had its day. I just remembered that I installed the
same drivers for this card a-ok last month. The reason I was
reinstalling XP on that machine anyway was because, as unusual as it
sounds, the mainboard died. So maybe it damaged the G200 too. Oh well.

"Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<r0Ylc.24483$TD4.3449338@attbi_s01>...

> You can get a G400 off eBay for $20-25

Nah, why would I want to do that when I have spare Matrox cards here
anyway :)

I was just curious if anyone else still using a Mill. G200 had the
same problem as the PowerDesk installer does seem to detect it
correctly. It's as if it was saying "I know what this card is - and I
don't support it!"

On 5 May 2004 10:49:59 -0700, pigeon_doodie@ziplip.com (CTS) wrote:

| "Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<r0Ylc.24483$TD4.3449338@attbi_s01>...
| >
| > You can get a G400 off eBay for $20-25
|
| Nah, why would I want to do that when I have spare Matrox cards here
| anyway :)
|
| I was just curious if anyone else still using a Mill. G200 had the
| same problem as the PowerDesk installer does seem to detect it
| correctly. It's as if it was saying "I know what this card is - and I
| don't support it!"

I don't still have the whole thread and I'm too lazy to reload it, so
I don't know if you said which OS you're using. But Matrox seems to
have fairly recent G200 drivers for WinXP and Win2k (5.92.006 dated 19
Feb 04).

If you're using that latest driver and it's refusing to recognize your
card, my guess is there may be a problem with the card or the
motherboard. Are you removing any existing video driver before
installing the latest Matrox?

Larc