no more P4's in notebooks after August

All P4 laptops gone, only Pentium-M left.

Intel EOLs Mobile P4 chips | The Register
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/05/25/intel_kills_mobile_p4/

Yousuf Khan

Wanted to protect the price premium of Pentium-M, needed something
crippled to sell into the slot?

RM

On 5/25/2005 08:10, Yousuf Khan wrote:
> All P4 laptops gone, only Pentium-M left.

Thank god. Now what took 'em so long to do it!? :/

~Jason

http://www.usenet.com

On 5/25/2005 14:37, rbmyersusa@gmail.com wrote:
> Wanted to protect the price premium of Pentium-M, needed something
> crippled to sell into the slot?

Yea, maybe a glut of P4's that had slightly defective cache or something?

Or maybe just m[oron]keting dept getting in the way ;) I guess a lot of
ppl did love the super cheap price of cely 4-M based notebooks they
got--ex-g/f for one.

~Jason

http://www.usenet.com

On 25 May 2005 11:37:48 -0700, rbmyersusa@gmail.com wrote:

>Wanted to protect the price premium of Pentium-M, needed something
>crippled to sell into the slot?

They're selling MORE than enough Mobile Celeron chips to sufficient
fill the role of crippled laptop processor. These low
performance/high power consumption chips do a WONDERFUL job of making
the Pentium-M look fabulous in comparison!

Tony Hill