[SOLVED] No mouse/keyboard control on new Win7 install on new system

Drive-In

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
I got lost in UFI exile on the old system (15yrs) so I assembled a new one.

Ryzen 5 2600 CPU
Rog Strix x470-I gaming Mobo
545s Series SSD M.1 512gb
Corsair 2x8 DDR4 RAM
Logitech USB 3.0 wireless keyboard/mouse
also tried using my son's Corsair wired USB 3.0 mouse/keyboard without success.

Win7 loads files off CD and smoothly reaches the first install screen. But there is no cursor nor keyboard response.

I have mouse/keyboard control in UEFI/BIOS, but not beyond so the new OS install is stopped at the first screen.

Let me know what more info is needed as this system is critical to my son's care.

Thanks all and best wishes,

Mike

Last edited:

Drive-In

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
You done good - good Sir. My heartfelt thanks. Bit of a challenge going from asus link to proceeding install but it worked great once I got the boot order correct. USB 1st (PNY and not UEFI) ODD 2nd and we were off to the races.

Thanks BIG bunches kanewolf. U made our day!

Skpstr

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2013
That motherboard was not designed to support Win 7. You will have to create a custom Win 7 install that has the necessary drivers slipstream included in the installer.
Asus has the "EZ Installer" -- https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1038870/ to help create the necessary custom installation.

I'm having the exact same issue, but I have a Gigabyte board. Thanks to your reply, I looked for and found something similar in their FAQ, just downloading Windows onto the USB stick now.

Just curious though, are there any other major issues I'm likely to run into, or is anything else I might encounter relatively minor?