No mouse/keyboard responce on login screen on laptop

the_hitman

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
Hello,
can someone give me any advice ? im not the smartest computer person but i manage. anyway i was cleaning up my computer, getting files off i didn't wont. i had to restart, i went to login like i normally to and bam, cant type or move the mouse on my laptop. i know they work cause i tried it in the recovery mode. can someone help me out? i really dont wanna loose everything i have on my computer, 500 GB of files and most are from things ive installed and are hard to get

im running win7 64 bit laptop

the_hitman

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
nah it only works in the boot menu. i got the mouse working. the keyboard is still unresponsive in windows but it did work when i restored my windows to the purchase date. but i have 500GB of files that i cant replace because i cant afford it. i tried a usb keyboard but the same thing happens, the drive says its working, and i re-installed the driver still nothing. im out of ideas.

the_hitman

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012

there is only one listed: standard PS/2 Keyboard and there id no yellow mark, it says its working but its not in the to date version of windows..

the_hitman

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
thats all i can think of myself. i do have another computer running win7 32bit. is there some way i can copy some system folders or registry stuff over from the working computer onto the computer thats not working, i dunno where to look but thats all i can think off.

No. The laptop has a hidden partition that can be actvated at startup and it will restore the OS at its original state (assuming the partition hasn't been deleted). Just save your data on a DVD or transfer it on the PC and activate the recovery partition. Or use the recovery DVDs if you have them.