No Mouse Movement Booting into Secondary SSD

Mikestum

Reputable
Feb 3, 2017
And the problems continue....

I recently installed a new SSD with Windows 10. I am trying to boot into my old Windows 7 SSD to uninstall programs but once I get to the sign in screen to select the account I want to use on the Win 7 SSD I cannot get the mouse to function. I have tried:

A wireless mouse, a USB wired mouse and a PS2 Mouse. No luck....

Any suggestions on how to get this working OR are there any ways to uninstall programs from the Windows 7 SSD through the Windows 10 SSD?

Thanks everyone!

System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz
RAM:16Gb Geil Potenza 2400
Motherboard: ASRock Z270 Killer SLI/ac
Graphics: 8Gb ATI Radeon RX 480
Storage:

931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-9YN162 (SATA) (Win 7)
489GB Crucial_CT525MX300SSD1 (SSD) (Win 10)
119GB Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series (SSD) (Win 7)

Solution
Mike:
Your best bet at this point is to get in touch with ASRock tech support (generally speaking they're reasonably responsive in our experience) re this issue/problem.
The Z170 motherboards had serious compatibility problems with Win 7 particularly with mouse/keyboard issues as well as other issues. See, for example, http://www.asrock.com/microsite/Win7Install/

I haven't worked with any Z270 board yet but it seems clear that these compatibility problems involving Win 7 will continue - if not reach a point where booting to and working within a Win 7 environment will be near-impossible. Perhaps not, but it seems that's the direction.

We've been working in a multi-boot environment (with an ASRock Z170 board) where Win 7 & Win 10 are...
Mike:
Your best bet at this point is to get in touch with ASRock tech support (generally speaking they're reasonably responsive in our experience) re this issue/problem.
The Z170 motherboards had serious compatibility problems with Win 7 particularly with mouse/keyboard issues as well as other issues. See, for example, http://www.asrock.com/microsite/Win7Install/

I haven't worked with any Z270 board yet but it seems clear that these compatibility problems involving Win 7 will continue - if not reach a point where booting to and working within a Win 7 environment will be near-impossible. Perhaps not, but it seems that's the direction.

We've been working in a multi-boot environment (with an ASRock Z170 board) where Win 7 & Win 10 are installed on the same drive so that Win 10 provides a "boot menu" during the bootup allowing the user to select either OS.

Solution