No need for VIA, even on a budget!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Take a look at this <A HREF="http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=K7S3-N&cat=MBB" target="_new">$40 motherboard</A> if you're on a really tight budget, SiS 748 is a good chipset.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
DooD, this anti-VIA tirade is starting to wear on your mind! Iwill? I won't! You get what you pay for! Your recommendation on KingMax was right on! This one..............................................huh?

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. Now, let's eat!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The boards I'm seeing people buy right now on the low budget are mostly KT266A boards from Soyo...I trust Iwill as much as Soyo on the low end (remember, we are talking budget boards), and the 748 is a better chipset.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
If this board have a good BIOS with overclocking feature, this would make a very cheap system paired with a Mobile Barton and average DDR400 ram.

--
What's the <b><font color=green>AMD Mobile Athlon 64</font color=green></b> overclocking potential? <b>It's huge!</b>