captainthedog

Reputable
Jan 1, 2016
Hi, I’m having trouble with a computer I used to use, I’m trying to get it to work for my girlfriend but there’s a problem with the network. It says no networks can be found, and i’ve tried to disable firewall, install new intel wifi driver, update current drivers, etc. and nothing has worked. Also, when I add a network adapter to my motherboard in what looks like a smaller ram port the computer doesn’t boot right. It boots but the display doesn’t work and the usb ports don’t either. Same thing happens when I try to install another ram stick, only one stick works and it only works in one spot. Thank you!!
Computer model: Dell Inspiron 3847

Hi, I’m having trouble with a computer I used to use, I’m trying to get it to work for my girlfriend but there’s a problem with the network. It says no networks can be found, and i’ve tried to disable firewall, install new intel wifi driver, update current drivers, etc. and nothing has worked. Also, when I add a network adapter to my motherboard in what looks like a smaller ram port the computer doesn’t boot right. It boots but the display doesn’t work and the usb ports don’t either. Same thing happens when I try to install another ram stick, only one stick works and it only works in one spot. Thank you!!
Computer model: Dell Inspiron 3847
Click on the wifi icon on the taskbar at botoom right you will see a option "manage network adapter or advance ..."something like that, click on it then you should find troubleshoot your network adapter and click on next windows should automatically fix it.

captainthedog

Reputable
Jan 1, 2016
Click on the wifi icon on the taskbar at botoom right you will see a option "manage network adapter or advance ..."something like that, click on it then you should find troubleshoot your network adapter and click on next windows should automatically fix it.
I did the troubleshoot but it just tells me to plug in an ethernet cord, but I don’t have an ethernet cord. Is there anything else I can try? If not, will using an ethernet cord fix the problem? Thank you!
I’m using windows 8.1 by the way

Last edited:
I did the troubleshoot but it just tells me to plug in an ethernet cord, but I don’t have an ethernet cord. Is there anything else I can try? If not, will using an ethernet cord fix the problem? Thank you!
I’m using windows 8.1 by the way
Did you try all the troubleshooting option or only the network adapter ? Try some other option too because usually windows does fix those types of issue using the troubleshooter.

captainthedog

Reputable
Jan 1, 2016
Did you try all the troubleshooting option or only the network adapter ? Try some other option too because usually windows does fix those types of issue using the troubleshooter.
When I click the wifi button at the bottom right of my screen it just says No Networks Found and “Troubleshoot” , when I click troubleshoot it just tells me to plug in ethernet cord. When I click network devices, I just see a Bluetooth network adapter (presumably for connecting bluetooth devices) and a network adapter for ethernet.