No Offline Mode Despite Diablo 3 Auction House Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

fimbulvinter

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
I am actually surprised they are removing it. It really shouldn't have been there in the first place and March is still a long way off, but this might actually make some people come back.

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
I am sorry but compared to borderlands 2... this game sucks and should have been on console at same time as PC... not 2 month out from PS4/XB1

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005
Oh there still making updates for this? LoL

I can't remember the last time I played D3. Thank god I never paid for my copy. However my friend wasn't too happy about it since he bought it but I told em that I really don't care for these types of games.

wonkybits

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
I may play the game again if they added controller support on the PC version. I avoided the auction house until the difficulty mode out paced the drop rate of useful items but there's no change of picking it up again without proper couch playability support

A surprising move in the right direction. Still, as a huge number of players do, I feel cheated out of my money. I just want them to deliver what was expected and payed for over a year ago. It feels like they are trying to get the game into a viable state so they can sell us the expansion. No way in hell.

noobzilla771

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
YES! About time they fix the big problems. Three things that ruined my D3 experience
1) Auction House. Time spent buying/selling yielded better items than farming.
2) Item drop flood. In D1 and D2, you get excited when a rare or unique item drops. They drop too often in D3 that it doesn't feel special.
3) No skill tree/stat attribution.

Looks like I might actually get the expansion since Blizzard will be fixing those.

Because of the way they did the PC release and requiring an always on internet connection I will never buy this game even on console. Blizzard has lost my money period I am not giving them a dollar for any game again. I looked forward to Diablo 3 for years but just like SimCity it was completely destroyed with there stupid DRM crap.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
I stopped play D3 a while before RMAH was implemented (saw the writing on the wall). Ant the fact that console version have offline and PC has no intention of such is just a slap in the face.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
They can just stick "damage control" move. Offline mode or none -- they like to suck up to the console crowd but stick it to their root PC crowd, then I say f-em.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
My dungeon crawling needs were more than satisfied with Torchlight 2 and @ $15 it's a crime the game is so good. I just hope that whenever Warcraft 4 comes out they don't do something so shitty as to what they did with Diablo 3. That means LAN and OFFLINE Single Player.

laststop311

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
I hate how they say that the AH wasn't the driving force for required online connection then they list a bunch of reasons but never say the true reason, PIRACY. Quit being pussies and at least tell us the truth.

G

They lost me when the uber nerf patches started to hit with 1.3 or whatever it was. They made the game too easy and AH didn't help anything anyway. Its nice to them finally admit failure but I wonder how much its due to revenue drop off in RMAH. I'll stay with Path of Exile. Its the game D3 should have been,

dgingeri

Distinguished
My Comcast connection went out overnight, and I couldn't do anything with my computer this morning while eating breakfast. I couldn't even play SC2 or Diablo3. Nearly all my games now require an internet connection, so I'm stuck with Spider Solitaire until Comcast gets the cable fixed.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
In other words they hope to be forgiven to sell more copies of the expansion... my guess, they will reap what they have sown with this disappointment. From extremely high sales of the main titles to very lackluster sales of the expansion and that will be telling how many peeps who left the game with a sour taste in the mouth!

Status
Not open for further replies.