Question No onboard graphic or GPU signal out

Jun 19, 2019
Kid's PC died with no video signal out. Bought a GPU, thinking to bypass the integrated graphics. Also, a new 500W PSU and add'l 8mb RAM. There is no signal out from the GPU. No VGA from the onboard. No HDMI, naturally. I've cleared CMOS (battery pull and moving the jumper). Re-seated all components many times. Two short beeps on POST, with or without RAM installed. There is talk about disabling the onboard and enabling the GPU, and adding drivers. How would I do that with no video at all? Or, is this just a bad motherboard and I need to throw more $$ at it?

Jun 19, 2019
Kid's PC died with no video signal out. Bought a GPU, thinking to bypass the integrated graphics. Also, a new 500W PSU and add'l 8mb RAM. There is no signal out from the GPU. No VGA from the onboard. No HDMI, naturally. I've cleared CMOS (battery pull and moving the jumper). Re-seated all components many times. Two short beeps on POST, with or without RAM installed. There is talk about disabling the onboard and enabling the GPU, and adding drivers. How would I do that with no video at all? Or, is this just a bad motherboard and I need to throw more $$ at it?
Wups. Configuration:
ASUS H81M with i3 4170
Radeon XFX 580
EVGA 500W PSU
Patriot DDR3 8mb (to match Samsung DDR3)

May 30, 2019
Have you try using known working haswell cpu?
Have you try using known working ddr3 ram from other pc?
Or have you try just using 1 stick of ram in each ram slot?

Jun 19, 2019
Do you have the latest BIOS installed on this system ? So, the motherboard's integrated graphics isn't working either ? Remove the GPU from the PCI-e slot, and try again. Have you plugged all the PCI-E cables to the GPU ?
Unknown BIOS. Not sure how I would check with no video out. Tried all combinations of single / multiple RAM strips and slots. The PCI-E power cables are plugged to the GPU. Not aware of any other cables?

Jun 19, 2019
Have you try using known working haswell cpu?
Have you try using known working ddr3 ram from other pc?
Or have you try just using 1 stick of ram in each ram slot?
I only have this single desktop unit. Everyone I know has a laptop, so swapping known good parts will be problematic. I guess I could pull RAM from my laptop. Or try to find an abandoned desktop.

May 30, 2019
I only have this single desktop unit. Everyone I know has a laptop, so swapping known good parts will be problematic. I guess I could pull RAM from my laptop. Or try to find an abandoned desktop.
Ok then, since you already have ram installed on your kids pc, try to use it in each slot first, and lets see the result when you boot up from each different slot.

Jun 19, 2019
What about the motherboard's onboard graphics ? Can you BOOT your system, when your connect the Monitor's cable to the igpu ?
The onboard graphics failed originally, before I added the new hardware. The system power's up, and makes appropriate noises, but with no video signal at all, I can't tell if it's a successful boot, or hanging up.

Jun 19, 2019
Ok then, since you already have ram installed on your kids pc, try to use it in each slot first, and lets see the result when you boot up from each different slot.
Yes, I tried all combinations of RAM. Single sticks, in both memory connector positions. No change at all. The two beeps might indicate a problem with RAM, but online search returns conflicting info re what the hell two beeps means on an ASUS H81M..

May 30, 2019
L ok
That's my guess, but still hoping someone here will pull some magic and tell me a simple fix.....
Best thing is to try every posible step that you can easyly do, there is much thing that can caused it.
Such us
Non detected ram slot (try clean and reseat the ram)
Faulty ram (replace the ram)
Non detected ram slot also can be obtained because of the cpu socket (reflow the cpu socket, but this is hard to do, i recomend just to replace the motherboard)
Non detected gpu(reseat the gpu)
Faulty gpu(replace the gpu)
Non detected cpu(reseat the cpu)
Faulty cpu(replace the cpu)
Faulty motherboard(replace the motherboard)