[SOLVED] No OneDrive icon in Windows File Explorer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

0Artur0

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
I uninstalled OneDrive some time ago. Now I reinstalled it, everything works but there's no icon in Windows Explorer. The only way to access it is through "Open folder" from the OneDrive icon in the taskbar. This is really not convenient and there must be something wrong. Did anybody experience this issue? How can I get the shortcut to Windows Explorer (in the left panel)?

Solution
If your not seeing the OneDrive in File Explorer then a major Windows update will fix that most certainly. Are you using WIndows 10 2004. Or something earlier. If your using 1809 or 1903 then update to 2004 and the problem should go away. If your using 2004 and don't see OD in file explorer and you have researched and tried everything then I suggest to research more and if you can't find the fix or a registry hack then your systeem is doomed unless the new October 2020 update fixes it. If still no good then backup your data files your app installers and back it up into a extertnal HD. Then format and install Windows 10 2004 from a USB stick. Good Luck. ✌☮✝👨🏽‍🦲😷

0Artur0

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
if not, https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html
all it does is replaces windows. You need to be on 2004 to run this as it needs an iso that is the same version as what you have installed, and unless you have one now, the one on Microsoft website is 2004.

Ok, so, if I understand this correctly, all my software will still work if I do this? It's just the things mentioned in the article (fonts & stuff) but everything else remains untouched?

Colif

Win 11 Master
MY understanding of a repair install is the only thing it changes is windows. Naturally it would help to have updates in case it goes wrong, pretty much like everything with windows. It should work fine. I have suggested it before and so far no one has had any issues with it.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
If your not seeing the OneDrive in File Explorer then a major Windows update will fix that most certainly. Are you using WIndows 10 2004. Or something earlier. If your using 1809 or 1903 then update to 2004 and the problem should go away. If your using 2004 and don't see OD in file explorer and you have researched and tried everything then I suggest to research more and if you can't find the fix or a registry hack then your systeem is doomed unless the new October 2020 update fixes it. If still no good then backup your data files your app installers and back it up into a extertnal HD. Then format and install Windows 10 2004 from a USB stick. Good Luck. ✌☮✝👨🏽‍🦲😷

Solution