Question No Operating System Found - Twice Now

Baldrick

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2005
Hi all. This is probably a stupid question...

I got an older desktop from work that I want to use for email and web. It's a Core i5 with 16GB ram. I bought an SSD for it and installed Windows 11 using Rufus.

It will run fine for a couple of days but it suddenly tells me there's no OS found. After the first time it happened, I reformatted and reinstalled Windows the same way. It happened again exactly the same way.

Is this a Windows activation thing? Or, because of the install options in Rufus (ie: no TPM or user account, etc).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

USAFRet

Titan
Hi all. This is probably a stupid question...

I got an older desktop from work that I want to use for email and web. It's a Core i5 with 16GB ram. I bought an SSD for it and installed Windows 11 using Rufus.

It will run fine for a couple of days but it suddenly tells me there's no OS found. After the first time it happened, I reformatted and reinstalled Windows the same way. It happened again exactly the same way.

Is this a Windows activation thing? Or, because of the install options in Rufus (ie: no TPM or user account, etc).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Nothing to do with activation. This is almost certainly some hardware issue. Bad/loose SATA cable, perhaps.

Why Win 11 on unsupported hardware?