No operating system found

NooB_81

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
Hello,
Hey Guy's,

I have a problem with my Acer Aspire 5739G, it say's operating system not found. Have a new hdd and my BIOS says it is there (old one say's the same) changed the boot sequence to dvd-rom first with windows 7 ultimate 64 bit inside but wont start up from DVD. I also tried it again with my old hdd but also didnt work, Can somebody help?? Because I can't do anything anymore

Bob

John_VanKirk

Distinguished

Hi there,

Need to be much more specific step by step as to what you did to your laptop and what you are trying to accomplish. Sounds like you purchased a new HDD which was placed in the HDD compartment, which is seen by the BIOS but has nothing on it. If that's the case, it won't see the OS because there is nothing on it. Not sure where the Win-7 Ultimate comes in.

Possibly you are trying to cleanly install Win-7 Ultimate onto the new HDD? If so, you have to change the boot order placing the DVD first in order, and the HDD second. With the computer power on, open the DVD drawer and place the Win-7 disc in it, close the drawer, then reboot.

The other thing you might try if you want to get back to square 1, is replace back your old HDD, 1st in boot order, just as it was, and it should boot normally.

With more specific info, someone will get you going againg