No operating system found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveleeb

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
This is a Toshiba P105 laptop with Vista home premium 32 bit. I'm simply trying to restore it to factory settings without any of the original discs.

I downloaded the iso and converted it to bootable usb. However, when I boot laptop from usb, I get a "no operating system found" error. Any help would be much appreciated

RealBeast

Titan
You cannot do that -- the original restore disks were set up to use the restore partition to reset the drive. An installer disk cannot use the restore partition, so no surprise that your plan didn't work. You should just do a clean install from the USB image and use your original key to activate.

Steveleeb

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
Sorry for the confusion but that it's what I wanted to do. Usually when I do this I can reformat the hard drive from setup and then proceed to install Windows. However, I can't get past this error

Steveleeb

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
I originally thought that could've been the issue because my usb was recognized as a hard drive. I didn't think twice about it. I don't have any discs large enough to hold the iso. Any way I can work around this?

Status
Not open for further replies.