No option for CrossfireX.

ryokinshin

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
605
0
18,980
I have a Gigabyte 4870 1gb and Powercolor 512mb. I have tried almost every combination of installing drivers and cards, so far nothing works. I have made sure both cards are working by using both while both are in. Weird thing is, when I tried xfirex with my sis' 2 4850s, it worked. After that i tried 2 4870s, 4850 and 4870(mixing all the different ones. Could there be a problem with the xfirex bridges? My mobo is a Gigabye GA-MA790X-UD4P, 700W OCZ ModXStream.

Any ideas?
 

ryokinshin

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
605
0
18,980
Also, I can run games with settings like xfirex was on? This has to be the weirdest thing ever. 50 fps Farcry 2 ultra everything 1650x1080 with 8xaa.
 

daedalus685

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
1,558
1
19,810
The no crossfire option bug is pretty common with the first run 512mb cards. It is a bios issue with the cards in 99% of the cases (the other 1% being users without the compatible motherboards)

You will need to either contact powercolour in order to get a new bios for the card(s), or visit techpowerup.com and get one from there. If you need help flashing the card let me know, there are guides around.

Crossfire shouldn't be on automatically like that... but if it is i guess there is no problem.. lol. See what GPUz says.