Question No option for SLEEP on Power button, Windows 10

Mr.Tibbs

Commendable
Oct 22, 2021
I have had the sleep mode for my Computer for 7 years. Restart, Shutdown & Sleep.
Over night the SLEEP option went missing. The computer does not have the power button blink when it sleeps in 10 minutes anymore.
What could have caused this? I did not reset Windows 10 or re install. Just over night the motherboard capability or the PSU capability to go into sleep mode went missing and never came back. No signing in again on my computer needed, it just has the black screen go into the main screen with press of the mouse or key board.

I noticed the same thing on another computer with only Pentium D. This Asus Computer motherboard is good with all capabilities but over night I lost the SLEEP
option.
Any SUPER-USER out there that knows what happened?

Mr.Tibbs

Commendable
Oct 22, 2021
Do you use same user account on both pc?

don't download anything, just offered for tips - https://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/fix-sleep-option-missing-in-windows-10/

any windows updates?

The DVI-D adapter on my graphics card had to be replaced. This issue was solved when I used a different graphics card and connected it to VGA. I had a black screen and could not
use only the DVI-D adapter, that must have burnt out.

Now I have the sleep option with the power button on the OP SYS software. sleep, shut down & restart. Interesting to note that on my second hard drive I did not have the issue of a missing sleep option.

The hard drive works with the graphics card in these software power modes then. Suund about right?

Mr.Tibbs

Commendable
Oct 22, 2021
Far to complicated, so I restored back a system restore using
AEOMI BACKERUPPER. That cured the sleep mode missing &
I now can update my driver for a Nividia GeForce GTX 950. It said
ACCESS DENIED previously in Device Manager and GeForce Experience Driver installer could not install without errors.

A FRESH INSTALL of Windows 10, or a Re-set or a RESTORE needs
to be done when the driver will not install.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I didn't just make up that drivers not installing can be a sign of a bad card. I hadn't seen a hdd refuse to let you install a driver before. So yes, a fresh install could be answer. Its just not the obvious one.

One thing I should know by now is there is always another solution that you may not expect.

Glad you figured it out :)