NO OS and NO AHCI in BIOS Raid 0 Problem

LinuxKid1998

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015
Alright, I had made my account to get some help, im at ends with this. I got this laptop from a friend, (Dell XPS M2010 Not sure of all specs) and it had Windows Vista on it, i got it to get online after installing some drivers, and decided a update to Windows would be a good idea, but it wasn't and the OS crashed. So i tried to put multiple different OS's on it and it keeps giving me trouble on any of them I do (Ubuntu, Linux Mint 17.2, Windows 7, WinXP) And all this is configured in RAID 0 stripe. I thought and still think that it is the issue (it being striped) so i went into the BIOS, and there isnt a option of AHCI. There is only RAID/IDE or RAID options, so i'm confused, and consider myself pretty good with computers, although i hate to take laptops apart.

So all in all, does anybody know a way to either 1.) remove RAID without the bios feature, or 2.) Install a OS somehow to break the RAID? Thank you in advance

Mark_1970

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015

I know IDE has it's limitations, but did you try installing win with that

LinuxKid1998

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015

I can't get IDE in my BIOS, theres no choice anywheres. I just got a MS-DOS flash drive, is there a command that can break the RAID hopefully?

Mark_1970

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015

There is only RAID/IDE or RAID options????????????