No OS CD? How about no OS?

While perusing through the Small Business site, I came across
Dell's "n" series, available in various lines:

"The n series features select popular models from the DimensionTM,
OptiPlexTM and Dell PrecisionTM desktop lines sold without a
Microsoft® operating system. Offered for IT professionals who want
control over operating system development and installation, n series
desktops are available with a copy of the FreeDOSTM open-source
operating system included in the box, ready to install."

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/desktops_n?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd

Notan

You must really have a dull life!

Jack Suttles wrote:

> You must really have a dull life!

Apparently, not as dull as yours! <g>

Notan

Don't mistake dull for none... :cool:

Now does that FreeDOS come with a CD? hehehe

schmoochy wrote:

> Don't mistake dull for none... :cool:
>
> <snip>

Oh, now that really hurts.

Notan

schmoochy wrote:

> Don't mistake dull for none... :cool:
>
> Now does that FreeDOS come with a CD? hehehe

'course not, it comes on a 5.25" floppy.

:)

Notan wrote:
> While perusing through the Small Business site, I came across
> Dell's "n" series, available in various lines:
>
> "The n series features select popular models from the DimensionTM,
> OptiPlexTM and Dell PrecisionTM desktop lines sold without a
> Microsoft® operating system. Offered for IT professionals who want
> control over operating system development and installation, n series
> desktops are available with a copy of the FreeDOSTM open-source
> operating system included in the box, ready to install."
>
> http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/desktops_n?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd
>
> Notan

I wish they offered the No OS option on the laptops as well (at least in
the small business section). Last time I checked, Windows adds roughly
$50 to the cost of a PC from a major manufacturer. That's not much of a
difference, but for those of us completely uninterested in Windows, it
would be nice to have that option.