No OS installed

Denny82

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
Hi,

I need help with this, please.
A gradual lockup of all applications one by one where only hitting the reset button worked has happened several times.

No alt+tab or ctrl+alt+del works during the freeze, but I can hear youtube playing my music in the background for long minutes.

After hitting reset, I am at prompt with a message that there is no OS installed and ctrl+alt+del to restart. I enter bios, and my system SSD drive is not found.

Turning the PC off and then on helps momentarily. I have heard that there has been an issue with ssd drives where if you run programs from other drives it can cause issues, but that was supposed to be patched long ago. This problem has been happening since last week.

I have checked the health of the drive, it is pristine at 98%. Changed the cable. Still happening.
I have also checked memory, and benchmarked my GPU, just in case. No issues there either.

Occasionally I got a bsod with the hardware abstraction layer or the ntoskernel causing problems but I gathered that if the SSD is not responding for some reason it would obviously lead to hardware failure.

I would appreciate professional insight as two professionals near me both scratch their heads already, more heads might be more helpful.
Or join the scratching.

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you updated bios? how old is PC? could be cmos battery
what are specs of PC? what parts are in it?
checked Anti virus and malware?

Most bsod caused by drivers so helps if you check motherboard makers web site for updates - if PC is a bran name, check makers site for PC instead.

Try this:
right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter

this scans system files and may fix this behaviour
If it comes back with errors it cannot fix, copy/paste this into same window
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

SFC fixes system files, DISM fixes the files SFC uses to fix system files, so if SFC found errors, re run it again once dism is finished

Can you download and run who crashed: http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed
it will look at errors and give us a summary

copy/paste results here

Denny82

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016

I can give you a dxdiag. Any way to attach a text file that large so I don't have to post a wall of text? SFC found no errors but today, my keyboard and mouse decided to not function. Rebooted, now they work again.

TRENDING THREADS