[SOLVED] No output from GPU

qounik

Commendable
Jun 15, 2018
I had a perfectly running PC. Then a while back I bought a new casing for it. I swapped all components from my old case to new one myself and afterwards when I turned on my PC, there was no output through the Nvidia GPU.
After some minor troubleshooting I disconnected the whole GPU and started the PC up with the internal Intel graphics driver. The monitor now has output and everything else is running fine as of now, except for the GPU.
Retried again for any change in results, no luck. Checked all driver settings, the BIOS display output preferences, still all same. So I tried a different GPU from another PC, and still the external GPU didn't show up. I tried my GPU on another PC and it worked on that PC.
Basically after some research and consultation, I came to the conclusion that it's the motherboard that's faulty. Then I got a motherboard to prove my theory, but there's no output through these new motherboard as well. This is the current situation.
What could be the underlying cause of the problem? Can it be the processor somehow? Why the problem would arise suddenly? Any help will be appreciated.

Solution
  1. Try changing the PCI Lane of the card, any lane that fits should work.
  2. If that doesn't work, see if there is a cable plugged into the Internal GPU, if there is, take it out, put it in the NVIDIA GPU and reboot.

Hope I helped,
Haris
Sep 8, 2019
  1. Try changing the PCI Lane of the card, any lane that fits should work.
  2. If that doesn't work, see if there is a cable plugged into the Internal GPU, if there is, take it out, put it in the NVIDIA GPU and reboot.

Hope I helped,
Haris

Solution
Please list all system specs (including the second motherboard and power supply).

If you tested the same GPU, in two different motherboards, I'm inclined to say it's the GPU. Are you plugging in the GPU aux power? The slam dunk test would be to get another cheap video card (that you can return) and test it in both these motherboards.