No output from PC and won't go to POST

DarkIceUK

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Hi,

I recently built a new PC but every time I played a game, the PC would shut off and turn back on after a few seconds. Then in POST it said that ASUS anti-surge was activated to protect against unstable PSU. I sent the PSU back which was found to be faulty and have just received a new one.

After checking everything was plugged in correctly and screwed in, I turned it on. The monitor stays in power saving mode and the PC doesn't reach POST because after waiting 3 mins by which time it wouldl have definitely have booted into Windows, pressing the power button turns it off instantly, whereas if it was in Windows it would take time to turn off.
All the motherboard lights are on and fans are spinning and resetting the bios does nothing.

I was grounded before touching the PC each time and I've read the guide "PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems!".

I'm at a lost here - is there anyone that could help please?

Thanks.

EDIT: The LED Q-Code on the motherboard says A2 which means IDE Detect. Removing both hard drives has no effect. The motherboard LED stays on at "VGA_LED"

EDIT 2: When 1 stick of RAM and then 2 sticks of RAM were out of the Case, then both back in some things changed: Instead of saying A2 it now says 20 (the manual doesn't have 20 but for 19-1C it says, "Pre-memory System Agent is started", the power button no longer turns the PC off (the cables are in correctly!) and finally, instead of the motherboard LED staying on at "VGA_LED" it stays at "DRAM_LED".

PC Specs:

• Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz CPU
• Asus Maximus V Gene Mobo
• Corsair Vengence 8GB 1,600MHz CL9 DDR3 RAM
• Palit Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 2GB GFX
• Antec High Current Pro HCP-750 PSU
• Arctic Freezer i30 Cooler
• Corsair Carbide 500R Case
• Seagate 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache HHD
• Crucial 120GB M4 SSD

DarkIceUK

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Sorry about the triple post, but I thought I was editing my post, but it posted it again and won't let me edit it.

Edit: Quick edit works but not full.

DarkIceUK

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012

How can it be fried if the lights are on, pressing START on the motherboard works and it makes the fans spin (including CPU)? I can hear the Hard Disks too. I said in my first post the lights and fans work.

the old ps could have killed the mb or cpu or the new ps is missing power on one of the legs..I would start by looking that the 24 pin and the 4/8 pin power is connected. I would also check that the case header cables are connected right, you could have hard drive led on the reset pins. (i would also try and clear the cmos out.) the mb may have cruppeted bios for the power spikes. you forgot to plug in all the cables to your main video card so the mb booting off the mb video. i would also bare bone the pc just plug in video and ram and see if it posts.

DarkIceUK

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012

Like I clearly said in my first post I already checked that all the leads are plugged in correctly (I didn't change HDD led pins). I've already reset the bios and I don't understand what you mean by "case header cables" or "PSU legs".

When 1 stick of RAM and then 2 sticks of RAM were out of the Case, then both back in some things changed: Instead of saying A2 on the motherboard Q-Code LED, it now says 20 (the manual doesn't have 20 but for 19-1C it says, "Pre-memory System Agent is started", the power button no longer turns the PC off (the cables are in correctly!) and finally, instead of the motherboard LED staying on at "VGA_LED" it stays at "DRAM_LED".

DarkIceUK

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012

I tried to update it but it said there weren't any files on the server, but thanks anyway.