Question No output to moitor.

luka A

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2014
Need help here. My PC will not output to my monitor, this happened after I tripped over the HDMI cable from graphics card to monitor. The cable just pulled out but when I plugged it back in nothing happened. I tried a new cable, nothing. I tried DisplayPort instead of HDMI and that didn't work. I tried a new monitor and that also didn't work. I reseated everything in my PC and still nothing. Last week I bought a new GPU because I thought that was the problem and it still will not output. PC turns on fine, everything seems to be on and working. Could it be the motherboard?

Thank you.

Nov 28, 2022
Need help here. My PC will not output to my monitor, this happened after I tripped over the HDMI cable from graphics card to monitor. The cable just pulled out but when I plugged it back in nothing happened. I tried a new cable, nothing. I tried DisplayPort instead of HDMI and that didn't work. I tried a new monitor and that also didn't work. I reseated everything in my PC and still nothing. Last week I bought a new GPU because I thought that was the problem and it still will not output. PC turns on fine, everything seems to be on and working. Could it be the motherboard?

Thank you.

If it happened after you tripped over it, and you replaced the GPU, you should take a closer look at your PCIe slot, and check for physical damage. If there is, your gonna need to get a new board...

luka A

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2014
Could be but wanted to check something else first, rather than ask i wanted to see if you were using the correct video ports. Probably are but it can happen. Trip, cable pulls out, reconnect to mobo video ports - no display.
No nono nothing like that. I have been building PC's for years and know not to do that. My Ryzen does not have integrated graphics. I will try the GPU on another system and see if that works.

Reactions: boju

luka A

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2014
Sounds like it. One good way you could check is to take out your card and your ram and put it into another system, and if you get signal then you definitely will know it was the board.
I'm not sure what else it could be. I am basically just building a whole new PC because of this problem lol
I did put a pcie Wi-Fi card into the slot and it lit up when I turned on the pc. But the graphics card also spins up. Can the slot still be broken for that to happen?

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
No nono nothing like that. I have been building PC's for years and know not to do that. My Ryzen does not have integrated graphics. I will try the GPU on another system and see if that works.

Trying to think of things, more simpler things, that would catch anyone out, wrong ports is going a bit far i know. I mean the gpu is screwed down to chassis so would think some rigidness would be on your side.

Hdmi like you said would just pop out unlike DP, but if trip you had didn't pull cable pretty much straight on i guess there would have been force directed at port, possibly sending a short from contacts cross touching. Pretty hard to do that though even if it didn't yank out straight. No evidence of mangled contacts inside that hdmi cable plug? How about case, check nothing as the result of this preventing full cable connection?