No Output to the Monitor on New Build

necronDOW

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015
Hello,

I have an issue whereby my new build will not output to the Monitor, I have checked and double checked that everything is connected and all of the fans/components appear to be getting power fine, I have tried different cables, different monitor and tested the cables on other computers to ensure that they work but I encounter no issue when I test with the different PC.

I have a couple of theories about what is going wrong, but have been working to disprove them one by one, they are listed below:

1. The on-board graphics is faulty or the motherboard has none. I checked the specifications for the motherboard and it does indeed support on-board graphics, I connected an already tested (working) GPU to the expansion slot and still the problem persists when using the GPU. (disproved)
2. I assumed that components might not be compatible. The CPU, RAM and Motherboard were bundled together so that would eliminate any in-compatibility. (disproved)
3. Faulty BIOS/POST. This is the one that I have no way of testing, other than the fact that the motherboard does NOT beep when powered on which would usually indicate that no POST is taking place. There are also no beeps to indicate errors, nothing, just silence. (possibility?)

I would love to know what people think, I have been talking to a lot of my fellow Computer Science students and they all seem to agree that the BIOS is broken, meaning I require a motherboard replacement (damn it).

Thanks,
Liam

TysonY2

Reputable
May 29, 2014
If I read that correctly, neither on board graphics or a gpu are working to display anything? If you cannot get an image using either on board or a GPU then I would agree and assume the board is faulty.

necronDOW

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015
"Hi, What are the components?"

My components are a 3.8GHz AMD 1uad-Core CPU (Bulldozer), 16GB of RAM (2x4GB of Kingston Hyper X, 2x4GB of Crucial Ballistix Sport XT), a TP-Link wireless card, 1 TB HDD).

"Have you connected a case speaker to hear the post beeps?

Please list all the system specs so we may help you better."

I don't believe speakers should be required to hear the beeps, I am sure it just comes directly from the motherboard itself?

please list the CPU model number.

remove the ram all e3xecpt 1 stick and try to boot again. SOme times different ram does not play nice with each other.

THe case speaker is a mini speaker that is usually supplied withthe case, not always though, and needs ot be connected to hear beeps codes. here is a case speaker : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812201032

necronDOW

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015

CPU: AMD FX Bulldozer 3.8GHz 3.8 FX-4130 Quad 4 Core Socket AM3+

I have indeed tried it with a single stick of RAM and still experienced the same issue. With regards the the beep speaker... I will have to check if my case actually has those as I was certain it came on the motherboard, I will have a look now.

necronDOW

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015

I am not sure what that it...

The motherboard information I have is as previously stated, "Gigabyte Ultra Durable 78LMT-USB3"...

I have tried a single stick of RAM.

The FX series CPU's do not have an on board iGPU so you will need to use the Dedicated GPU for video.

Motherboards do not come with case speakers unless they are an OEM board like a Dell, Acer, e-Machines ect. in this case they are soldered on to the board itself. This is an item that would be in the parts box for the case if the case supplied it. Not all do so you may need to get one. This will help tremendously as you could hear the beep codes to help trouble shoot the issue.

Also FYI, Just because Items come as a bundle does not guaranty they will work together.

EDIT: Your Board does have an integrated GPU but being very weak it is really only good for basic computing needs. With hese older boards you needed to enter the BIOS and switch which GPU you want to use. You will need to use the integrated GPU to initially set the bios.

necronDOW

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015
Turns out I am a massive donkey, I didn't realise there was a requirement for this mini-speaker and will be borrowing one from a friend to debug the issue on monday! :D

Thankyou all, just saved me a ton of hastle haha

TRENDING THREADS