No overclock- Bios settings saving but not affecting anything

cnesaw

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
I have an i5-6600k CPU and a Gigabyte Z170-sli motherboard that will not overclock. No matter what settings I change in the BIOS, all my monitoring software (aida64, cpuz, hwmonitor, HWiNFO64) except for realtemp (which is likely wrong) shows stock frequency and voltages. The changes are saving in the BIOS, and are there every time I restart my computer, but won't apply once it boots I think. HWinfo64 shows that changing the multiplier in the bios changes the "CPU turbo" stat (pic below), but the cpu never changes from base clock even under load.

What I've tried:
-Taking out the cmos battery.
-Resetting the CMOS with the pins.
-Enabling and Disabling Intel Turbo boost. I've seen guides that say it needs to be turned off, but other solutions here saying it has to be on. Neither worked for me.
-Changing everything off auto and manually entering in the stock value did nothing
-Turning on a benchmark and a game and hitting 100% CPU usage, no change under load.

The only slight changes I've been able to get to stick was changing the base clock from 100Mhz, but that made my computer unstable since I can't change the voltage.

https://imgur.com/a/kI8xR

https://imgur.com/JKEkOXm

cnesaw

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017

I'm actually running F22a, I will try to update it again but I don't expect a change. The patch notes don't list anything about overclocking.

cnesaw

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017

Neither Bios has worked for me. CPU temps are low (~50) but the moderate 3.9GHZ OC with [strike]2.3V [/strike] 1.3 isn't applying.

cnesaw

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017

That was my first thought as well was that intel sent me the wrong chip, but on the last picture I have posted,
HWinfo64 lists it as a i5-6600k

cnesaw

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017

CPUID, HWmonitor and Aida64 all show 3.5Ghz intel 6600k. Only realtemp shows 3.9 Ghz, but I don't believe this is correct. I think it's just reading my motherboard setting and not what is actually running at. When I load up userbenchmark, afterburner and the other monitors never show it going above 3.5