Question No pc display when i turn computer on

Aug 31, 2019
I have just built a new PC and when I turn it on I get no Display on the screen. I have tried 2 different monitors to see if that was the problem(different port type HDMI and Display port). I am not hearing any form of beep code either. Want to know if I maybe hooked something up wrong or I am missing something vital.
Parts:
ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11GB GDDR6 352-bit Spectra RGB LED Metal Backplate Graphics Card - ZT-T20810D-10P,
MSI Performance Gaming AMD X470 Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 Onboard Graphics SLI ATX Motherboard (X470 Gaming PRO Carbon)
Cooler Master Box Pro 5 RGB Mid-Tower PC Case 3 RGB Fans 120mm Temper Glass Side Panel Dark Mirror Front Panel
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core, 12-thread unlocked desktop processor with Wraith Stealth cooler.
CORSAIR HYDRO SERIES H115i PRO RGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, 280mm Radiator, Dual 140mm ML Series PWM Fans, Advanced RGB Lighting and Fan Software Contro
Samsung 970 EVO Plus Series - 500GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V7S500B/AM)
Samsung 970 EVO Plus Series - 500GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V7S500B/AM)
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" 7200 RPM SATA III 64MB Cache Desktop Hard Drive (Blue)

Aug 31, 2019
does it work before?

motherboard have the bios version to support 3000series?
This was the first start up. After browsing the forms for a bit i came to that conclusion that it may need the BIOS update. Will take to the local pc shop tomorrow as I do not have a spare CPU for to update the BIOS nor do I have a boot kit.

Does it work

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017
Before take it to shop just check every hdmi and display port and anything else, sometimes it tries to display on a screen different to what is plugged in, 2 of my comps thought that would be funny anyway, they usually decide to use mobo over graphics card or use last port on gpu

It is likely you will need to update bios, but still a chance.

DigDeep

Distinguished
May 11, 2014
This happened to me once, and problem was that I didnt put the cpu socket leaver all the way to the top.

edit:

It is most likely that you have to update BIOS to support Zen2 cpus, so you have to find zen or zen+ cpu and upgrade bios to final version and than you will be able to use Zen2 cpu. You can also tell AMD to send you upgrade kit. Short Term Processor Loan Boot Kit

Last edited: