[SOLVED] No picture from new GPU

oceiros

Commendable
Jul 13, 2017
I recently upgraded from an NVIDIA GTX 1050 to an AMD Radeon RX VEGA 64 for work purposes. I had issues initially getting an output from the new card, but managed to solve the issue eventually(looks as though I didn't handle the driver installation correctly).Yesterday, I installed a new CPU fan, which seems to have brought the issue back. I had to take the motherboard out in order to install the fan, which may well have contributed to the issue. However, at this point, the drivers should have been installed, as I installed them the day before when I was able to get output from the GPU. I have since used DDU in an attempt to try reinstalling the drivers, but to no avail.
It seems like my PC simply won't register the graphics card at all, so I don't get a chance to fully install the drivers. I looked into my settings with my onboard motherboard display, and automatic driver installation is enabled.
Any suggestions as to how to fix this would be much appreciated.

Solution
As far as troubleshooting, reseating the GPU comes to mind, if that doesn't work, I have found that pulling the ram out and testing with 1 stick can sometimes fix this problem (then add the other one back once it works.

the other possibility is that your power supply isn't strong enough, or maybe a cable isn't seated correctly. if there are other possibilities I'm sure another member will chime in.

CRITICALThinker

Distinguished
As far as troubleshooting, reseating the GPU comes to mind, if that doesn't work, I have found that pulling the ram out and testing with 1 stick can sometimes fix this problem (then add the other one back once it works.

the other possibility is that your power supply isn't strong enough, or maybe a cable isn't seated correctly. if there are other possibilities I'm sure another member will chime in.

Solution