Jun 19, 2022
The monitor does not display a picture, but the sound works as well as the backlighting. I have tried both the HDMI and DP and nothing has worked. I was just wondering if anyone might have more insight on this issue and or ways to maybe repair it as the monitor is far out of warranty. The monitor is an LG 29UM69G-B it has been used for a few years and recently this problem came up. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and to no avail, all I see is the backlight with no picture even though the sound works just fine and my computer detects the monitor.

Last edited:
The monitor does not display a picture, but the sound works as well as the backlighting. I have tried both the HDMI and DP and nothing has worked. I was just wondering if anyone might have more insight on this issue and or ways to maybe repair it as the monitor is far out of warranty.
Well, let's start at the beginning: when you boot your computer, do you get any initial display allowing you to access the bios? At least if you get one of those messages Press Del or F2 to enter the bios you would know the panel, connecting cable and output port are working. What happens then? If the panel displays that would point to a software problem. If not, you would have to see if you can connect the panel to another source or computer to see if its totally dead. Also you have to think about how much it would cost to replace it rather than having it serviced.

Jun 19, 2022
I booted bios and couldn't see it on the monitor, the monitor even cut off after 5 or so seconds, and I am using a second computer to test all of this as I got this monitor from someone else, and no I have not thought about that cause this was a given to me.