nikogen06

Commendable
Jan 29, 2019
I've had an Acer AL1916 monitor for a while but never used it, so I decided to use it as a second monitor. Bought an HDMI-to-VGA adapter, connected it, and no picture (monitor is detected, shows up correctly in screenshots but on the actual monitor - black screen). I can confirm the adapter works, as I tried on 2 other laptops (one on Win7 and one on Win10 1803) and it works perfectly there, therefore I think the problem is either my GPU or something else in my computer. I already clean-reinstalled GPU driver, no difference. Now, I'm going to try reinstalling windows and see if that makes a difference.

If you've got any ideas for a solution, please share.

GPU: Geforce GTX 1660 Super (Gigabyte Gaming OC 3-fan version)

nikogen06

Commendable
Jan 29, 2019
I've had an Acer AL1916 monitor for a while but never used it, so I decided to use it as a second monitor. Bought an HDMI-to-VGA adapter, connected it, and no picture (monitor is detected, shows up correctly in screenshots but on the actual monitor - black screen). I can confirm the adapter works, as I tried on 2 other laptops (one on Win7 and one on Win10 1803) and it works perfectly there, therefore I think the problem is either my GPU or something else in my computer. I already clean-reinstalled GPU driver, no difference. Now, I'm going to try reinstalling windows and see if that makes a difference.

If you've got any ideas for a solution, please share.

GPU: Geforce GTX 1660 Super (Gigabyte Gaming OC 3-fan version)