NO PITY FOR THE CHIMP!!!

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
wow, It's so funny how ppl are making a big deal on *ntels throttle down safety feature(someone should throttle Van Smiths neck, real good.)but, when it comes to AMD self destruct mechanism nobody wants to hear it.

It's a widely known fact that when AMD cpu's run an intensive application and it's hs+f is a nanometer off kilter then AMD patented thermo feature causes the cpu to "throttle down", the CPU is instantly halted with a 0% duty cycle (alternating 0 microseconds on; 0 microseconds off) until you take it out and wipe your a$$ with it.

Well,..."no more mister nice guy" when ever I get a chance, I will shove this "AMD feature" in your faces and there's nothing you ompa lompas can quote to me that will make me agree with you, absolutley nothing!

---------------New links for you------------------------
AMD's thermo feature works real well look <A HREF="http://www.overclockers.com/tips438/" target="_new">here</A>

AMD needs a daily beatdown look <A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/14040106.htm" target="_new">here</A>

bold face liars Van Smith and Bert McComas(AMD's PAID lackeys) seen in a park smoking <A HREF="http://www.hardocp.com/" target="_new">crack</A> a day after being lobotomized/sodomized.

Check out AMD sponsered <A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/12040109.htm" target="_new">rag</A>
-------------------------------------------------------------
Joey Ramone -RIP

"Amd cpu...Gone in 2 secs flat, it truly is a fast chip!"

G

Go dude....all these AMD bitches are really brainwashed. They don't have a dual setup out yet either. One more thing they can ram up their asses. These AMD bitches must just email loveletters to grandma. They sure can't be powerusers. TO ALL YOU AMD MAGGOTS:
1. Buy a gameboy and spend the rest something else
2. Get any computer out of the trash yard and spend the rest on something else.
I bet I won't get any real replies to the thermal or dual cpu issue. I wonder how many AMD nuts also belong to religious cults?

"Cock-a-doodle-do" is what I say to my girl when I wake her UP in the morning!!

G

Screw off

STFU

Who the hell cares

USE INTEL IF U WANT,

USE AMD IF U WANT

READ BENCHMARKS, read review and make a choice on what u want

If you dont like AMD, We dont care!
Were the ones buying them and using them

Your just making us madder to go out and buy more AMD.

Geeze.

What kind of cars do you guys drive huh?

What do ur parents drive

CRAP HYUNDAI'S! Or some CRAP old beater..
geeze
WHO CARES

My god

This is starting to be flaming again

your going to badmouth so much,
your on the border of being banned

-- They have found a way to harness the power of a thunderstorm and expell it with great force!--

Booky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
For one, I have no need for a dual system ya dweeb <G>. See I guess it has no meaning to say;
"They don't have a dual setup out yet either."
Oh well, btw nice language there kiddy. Don't let your momma see you type that.

Crap, all the good ones are already taken.

G

Ahahah.....hehehehe.....no real responses from the AMD cockroaches. Tinker around with your gameboys and playstations while I keep designing better machines....ahahaha.....hehehehe.....dance monkeys dance!!
So do you actually have anything to say about the dual cpu and thermal issues? No. I didn't think so.

G

You should get a CatScan
Mr Cock-a-doodle-do

Do us all a fav
and shut up
no one wants to hear your lame-ass responses

-- They have found a way to harness the power of a thunderstorm and expell it with great force!--

G

DUDE?

How old are u
30? 40?
HAHAHA

G

Hey tbirdinside, are you actually going to post a response to the 2 topics at hand or just keep posting insults? I can understand you though....when you have no facts why not sream and yell?....Like a bitch.

G

go read DUDE

have a coool radical time

lemming

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2001
Would it not be better just to design the processor so that it can handle the heat? or does that make too much sense?

Jump, Jump Now!!

Sojourn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Jeeze man, are you 10? Did AMDMeltDown invite his homeroom class to the forum? Did you lose your ritalin?

Most people here have absolutely zero use for a dual rig. Most people can either install a heat sink properly, or admit that they need someone else to do it for them, and therfore have no thermal issues. In fact, Athlons are being obscenely overclocked using convention air cooling methods.

I showed you mine, now you show me yours.

Where is this P4 optimized software? Where is the sweeping support for SSE2? Where is this extreme scaling potential Intel sacrificed so much for? When is Intel going to outrun AMD? Where are these price cuts that are going to put AMD out of business?

-= This is our wading pool.
Stop pissing in it. =-

G

Holy crap you are like those little monkeys off of jungle book the one with Johnahan Scott Lee. Man when the snake comes out (good news about intel) you freak like little monkey men that you are. Ahahahahahahah monkey men dance for me dance dance dance.

<font color=blue>Just some advice from your friendly neighborhood blue man </font color=blue> :smile:

kurokaze

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
>In fact, Athlons are being obscenely overclocked using
>convention air cooling methods.

Tbird 1000@1300 without touching the multipliers
yet! :) CPU temp stabilizing at 43C :)

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Is there an intel based motherboard that supports dual P=3's? Dual p-4's? Or is the only solution to run dual p-3's on an older bx board or a via solution?

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Ncogneto on 04/16/01 01:27 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
http://www.2cpu.com/tyan_dual_2ghz.html

Now I admit this maybe a bit suspicious, but if this is true you are about to lose one of your strongest arguments against AMD. So, just how much is thermal protection worth? Admittably, I would like all AMD CPU's to have it, but at what cost? How much extra do you think that it cost intel to put this feature in ther CPU's? Is this why they cost so much more? Last but not least I ask you this and would appreciate an honest answer. If you had an option of buying an intel CPU with out without thermal protection for the same price, the only difference being that the one without thermal protection performed 10% better than the with it, which CPU would you purchase?

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

G

What have you got about sending love letters to your sister and grandma? Man you twisted...

~ I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully ~

Makaveli

Splendid
first of all Spud STFu u Ass raper!
As for the thermal protection it's for morons who don't know how to put a heatsink on. And I know this cause of a llama I know that broke his socket trying to replace his p3 866 with a p3 1000mhz. Then he booted up his comp without the heatsink and processor was running @ like 90c. Then it shutdown

Thermal diode = 1, idiot with a P3 = 0

Now as for Amd Cpu I have one with a generic Heat sink, and have had no problems putting it on removing it applying thermal paste, cleaning my cpu etc. unless u have a faulty CPu, or some kinda weird power surge, Ur cpu should be fine!
On the other hand LLamas that install HSF and have no experience, and or skill then deserve to burn out there CPU.
AMD CPU= overclockers delight, not for NOVice users, if u are neurvous when going into ur tower to replace or adjust anything this CPU is not for u

P3 CPU=Thermal protection good for llamas that like to twiddle in there towers and have no skills.

All that the thermal protection does is to make p3 idiot proof!

I really haven't found any benefit to it considering Abit board has a CPU fan sensor that will shut down system is if fan stops.

So thermal protection nice feature, but it ain't all that!
AMD CPU will still outperform a p3 clock for clock and U all know it!

As for dual CPu chipset Ya Amd's is out yet so what it will be. Just like SSE2 ain't out yet but it will be SO STFU about dualies, how many home users need dual cpu setups honestly!

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ive seen somewhere else that screenshot was confirmed to be a fake.

If you notice "Dhrystone ALU" is missalligned badly for the AMD "current processor" =P

Or you can browse real screen caps of real sandra scores.

www.sysopt.com/sandra.html
now go check your sanda bench.

Enjoy.

Thanks for posting bad info on AMD, keep up the good work.

Meltdown, Funny how they get so upset over anything good posted about intel.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
LOL, you are such a dolt. And by the way posting bad information is certainly something that you are not immune to. At least I stated from the very onset that the picture was suspicious.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
My uncle's friend's father's daughter's boyfriend's friend said he saw somewhere that it was a fake, too.

From now on when someone asks you how fast your computer is, tell them your benchmark scores.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
As for your assumtion of the misaligned Dhrystone ALU for the current processor please explain, the way I see it the line is offset one character do to the fact that the score itself is in the 10,000 range and not the 1,000 range, thus needing another character.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Ncogneto on 04/16/01 06:08 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

That's just the point Ncogneto how much will it cost? Only a manufacturing cost analyst from Intel can provide a real figure to your question. But considering its only a tiny technical component as compared with the rest of the technology in the cpu I image the cost would be a small percentage. I think the cost of Intels have more to do with branding, development, hardware and software support from outside vendors etc. than the thermal protection issue. To answer you question wouldn't I buy an Intel without thermal protection for the same price....I would honestly tell you that I would get the one with thermal protection. Why? The cost of my computer is tiny compared to the money it generates. Overclocking my duallie obviously has a greater impact than someone oc'n their single unit. If I went the cheap option, what will I do if the cpu blows? No warranty for overclockers, it just means I have to go out there and buy another set of cpu's with thermal protection. Which means.....no thermal protection=bad investment and wasted money....and.....no thermal protection=a concept invented by monkeys for monkeys. Why dance around these topics? Why do you AMD small timers just admit the to reality?

AeroSnoop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Again we have the thermal protection issue. By monkeys for monkeys? Comeon it's not like AMD is against putting thermal protection in. Give them time, Intel did not always have it either. If you consider the cost of an AMD, you can buy 2 of em for the 1 equivelant Intel chip. What exactly do you mean by AMD small timers? This sounds like a cheap shot to me.

"I have fried an Athlon myself, but I'll never admit to it."