NO PLAY DISK !!

Blondie

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2004
22
0
18,510
Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

ARGGHH !!!
I purchased UT 2004 from Amazon.com over the weekend.
When I opened the package, I found that I had two Disc 2's.
I thought...okay...someone was sleeping at the machine...
Then when installing, I was down to what I THOUGHT would be the last disc
(5)
and it asked me for a Play Disc...which was NOT in the package. *sigh*

GAAAWD...I've waited all week for this and now it's friggin flucked up.
Any clue on what to do? I hate to wait another week or two to send this back
and
have another game sent to me. They'll probably charge me shipping again too
I guess.


*sob*
Blondie
 

killa

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005
69
0
18,630
Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

"Blondie" <blondie@suicideblonde.com> wrote in message
news:FKNXd.1831$gS.421@fe1.columbus.rr.com...
> ARGGHH !!!
> I purchased UT 2004 from Amazon.com over the weekend.
> When I opened the package, I found that I had two Disc 2's.
> I thought...okay...someone was sleeping at the machine...
> Then when installing, I was down to what I THOUGHT would be the last disc
> (5)
> and it asked me for a Play Disc...which was NOT in the package. *sigh*
>
> GAAAWD...I've waited all week for this and now it's friggin flucked up.
> Any clue on what to do? I hate to wait another week or two to send this
back
> and
> have another game sent to me. They'll probably charge me shipping again
too
> I guess.
>
>
> *sob*
> Blondie
>
>

Try upgrading UT2004 with the new patch, then the play disc might not be
needed.

hope that works for you
 

wesley

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2004
220
0
18,680
Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

yes you need play disk for the time first...no deed disk again after that...
if you don't have play disk you are in big trouble...

i actually lost play disk twice but eventually found it after misplaced
somewhere

LOL

Phew
 

Blondie

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2004
22
0
18,510
Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

I did get the game to boot up...but, only some keys on my keboard work and
only my left mouse button. (???)
I cannot move at all. I think the jump button, change weapon button, and the
change view of your character button, along with the menu button are the
only buttons that will work on my keyboard and mouse. I set everything to
default.






"Killa" <killa@thrilla.com> wrote in message
news:5JmdnQ0vqdDTT7LfRVn-vA@rogers.com...
> "Blondie" <blondie@suicideblonde.com> wrote in message
> news:FKNXd.1831$gS.421@fe1.columbus.rr.com...
>> ARGGHH !!!
>> I purchased UT 2004 from Amazon.com over the weekend.
>> When I opened the package, I found that I had two Disc 2's.
>> I thought...okay...someone was sleeping at the machine...
>> Then when installing, I was down to what I THOUGHT would be the last disc
>> (5)
>> and it asked me for a Play Disc...which was NOT in the package. *sigh*
>>
>> GAAAWD...I've waited all week for this and now it's friggin flucked up.
>> Any clue on what to do? I hate to wait another week or two to send this
> back
>> and
>> have another game sent to me. They'll probably charge me shipping again
> too
>> I guess.
>>
>>
>> *sob*
>> Blondie
>>
>>
>
> Try upgrading UT2004 with the new patch, then the play disc might not be
> needed.
>
> hope that works for you
>
>
 

Flash

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
122
0
18,680
Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

Blondie wrote:
> Thanks, I have contacted them and am awaiting a reply.

Hmm? You just click the "thinking of returning an item" on Your Account
page, print out the barcode and send it back. No need to wait.

--
Flash
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

Help Me TOO! I tried binding keys, I've put in the latest patch but I just
sit there as soon as the game starts and nothing seems to move me but the
bot's shots!
Lyle



"Blondie" <blondie@suicideblonde.com> wrote in message
news:MVXXd.3708$gS.2815@fe1.columbus.rr.com...
> I did get the game to boot up...but, only some keys on my keboard work and
> only my left mouse button. (???)
> I cannot move at all. I think the jump button, change weapon button, and
the
> change view of your character button, along with the menu button are the
> only buttons that will work on my keyboard and mouse. I set everything to
> default.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> "Killa" <killa@thrilla.com> wrote in message
> news:5JmdnQ0vqdDTT7LfRVn-vA@rogers.com...
> > "Blondie" <blondie@suicideblonde.com> wrote in message
> > news:FKNXd.1831$gS.421@fe1.columbus.rr.com...
> >> ARGGHH !!!
> >> I purchased UT 2004 from Amazon.com over the weekend.
> >> When I opened the package, I found that I had two Disc 2's.
> >> I thought...okay...someone was sleeping at the machine...
> >> Then when installing, I was down to what I THOUGHT would be the last
disc
> >> (5)
> >> and it asked me for a Play Disc...which was NOT in the package. *sigh*
> >>
> >> GAAAWD...I've waited all week for this and now it's friggin flucked up.
> >> Any clue on what to do? I hate to wait another week or two to send this
> > back
> >> and
> >> have another game sent to me. They'll probably charge me shipping again
> > too
> >> I guess.
> >>
> >>
> >> *sob*
> >> Blondie
> >>
> >>
> >
> > Try upgrading UT2004 with the new patch, then the play disc might not be
> > needed.
> >
> > hope that works for you
> >
> >
>
>