No post, 1 beep, fan spin

raji_banerjee

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018
Hey guys, need some help.
Im building a pc to sell in hopes for profit, but first, it needs to work.
I have a ga-78lmt-usb3 gigabyte board and an fx 6100. When i powernon, the fans spin, leds turn on, and the 1 beep code tells me everything is in order. However, no display. The ram im using isnt ecc. Ive tried 2 hdmi cords with 2 different displays, and tried putting it in my graphics card and my board.
Really lost. Any ideas?

Solution
Try reseating the bios chip and everything else that is possible. Make sure psu is switched in correctly for your country. You can also try reseating cpu. After this, test for electrical shorts by simply breadboarding the pc. If it continues to not work, try testing psu. Let me know if any of these works as you have already did what I would have did right away.

Nerdy Nerd

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
Try reseating the bios chip and everything else that is possible. Make sure psu is switched in correctly for your country. You can also try reseating cpu. After this, test for electrical shorts by simply breadboarding the pc. If it continues to not work, try testing psu. Let me know if any of these works as you have already did what I would have did right away.

Solution

R_1

Expert
Ambassador

full specs if you want any decent answer.
1 beep is Power On Self Test passed for most systems, its the only beep code they all agree on

RedRums

Reputable
Jun 2, 2016
Try reseating the bios chip and everything else that is possible. Make sure psu is switched in correctly for your country. You can also try reseating cpu. After this, test for electrical shorts by simply breadboarding the pc. If it continues to not work, try testing psu. Let me know if any of these works as you have already did what I would
I dis what you said, psu is set up correctly, I did reseat the cpu with new thermal paste, dont know how to test the psu tho, no friends with pcs just laptops, one thing I noticed is that even tho the ram is not in the slot I still get no beeps from the pc.