[SOLVED] No post after AIO cooler install

dexdean123

Honorable
Mar 27, 2014
Hi everyone. I just finished installing a AIO cooler in my system and now it wont post. The CPU led stays a constant red. All the fans come on and RGB lights up but no display.
All I did was remove the old cooler, remove old thermal compound, reapply Thermal Grizzly compound and install AIO. Is it possible I tightened the mounts to hard and damaged the cpu? And ideas would be greatly appreciated.
FYI System was working perfectly before.
Thanks for reading:)

Solution
Hey, I plugged in the cable from the pump to the cpu plug. The connector from the AIO is three pin and the cpu plug on my mobo is 4 pin. Can this be the issue?
Yes. You want the fans on the radiator connected to the CPU fan plug. That way the fans speed up as the CPU heats up. The pump should be connected to a dedicated pump port if the motherboard has it or to a case fan port and the profile set to constant max on that fan connection.

kanewolf

Titan
Hey, I plugged in the cable from the pump to the cpu plug. The connector from the AIO is three pin and the cpu plug on my mobo is 4 pin. Can this be the issue?
Yes. You want the fans on the radiator connected to the CPU fan plug. That way the fans speed up as the CPU heats up. The pump should be connected to a dedicated pump port if the motherboard has it or to a case fan port and the profile set to constant max on that fan connection.

Reactions: dexdean123
Solution