Question No post after bios update

Jul 19, 2022
I upgraded my setup from a Ryzen 7 2700x and an MSI B450 Tomahawk to a Ryzen 5 5600x with an MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk. All went well I reinstalled Windows and all the drivers. The problem is that I didn't see that the board was "5000 ready" and so I updated the bios. Since then I've had a black screen at startup, the gpu fans are running full blast and sometimes I get a CPU and/or VGA led and sometimes nothing. I know it was stupid to update the bios but I went a bit too fast.

I ve tried to clear CMOS with both battery and pins. Flashing bios didn t work but I don t know if I did it the right way.

I have seen that my board has a dual bios. How can I use it? Is my card bricked? The update wasn t interupted, the pc rebooted and I had a black screen. Thank s for help

Last edited:
The problem is that I didn't see that the card was "5000 ready" and so I updated the bios.
I have seen that my card has a dual bios. How can I use it? Is my card bricked?
What card?
Are you calling motherboard - a card?

What bios version was before update?
What bios version did you update to?

Latest BIOS update sets secure boot as default mode.
If your graphics card doesn't have UEFI compatible vBIOS, then this may cause black screen.

What graphics card are you using?

Jul 19, 2022
What card?
Are you calling motherboard - a card?

What bios version was before update?
What bios version did you update to?

Latest BIOS update sets secure boot as default mode.
If your graphics card doesn't have UEFI compatible vBIOS, then this may cause black screen.

What graphics card are you using?
My bad I was meaning the board.

I think the bios version was A0 and I updated to the last one I found on b550 support page.

My graphic card is a MSI RTX 2060 SUPER

Jul 19, 2022
A0 ? There's no such BIOS version for this board.
What bios version did you update to? (to check, if this is even a real version / compatible with motherboard)

What video connection are you using to connect your monitor?
Are you using Display Port cable?
If yes, then try with HDMI cable instead.
I went from 7C91vA0 to 7C91vAB which is the most recent I found on msi website. Then I tried to flash the bios with the 7C91vA0 version but it didn t work well I guess.

I have one monitor connected with display port and another with hdmi. I already tried it but I ll try it again this afternoon. Do you think I ll have to buy another board? Thank you for your help.