sm123d

Reputable
Dec 19, 2017
Hi All,

I am trying to upgrade my HP 280 G2 HDD using Kingston SUV500240G , The challenge I have is that when I add my Kingston ssd, my computer does not POST,

I am not sure if issue is current sata cables or power issues . Please note also i tested the ssd in my 8th gen laptop and 4th gen and it worked no issues . kindly assist

Solution
Hi All,

I am trying to upgrade my HP 280 G2 HDD using Kingston SUV500240G , The challenge I have is that when I add my Kingston ssd, my computer does not POST,

I am not sure if issue is current sata cables or power issues . Please note also i tested the ssd in my 8th gen laptop and 4th gen and it worked no issues . kindly assist
Remove the power and data cable from the OS drive.
Plug them into the kingston drive.
Does the machine post?

Just to be sure.....what do you mean by does not post?
Hi All,

Does the machine post?

Solution

sm123d

Reputable
Dec 19, 2017
Hello
Does the machine post?

hello @Bob.B , What i mean by post is Power-on Self-Test, the PC fails this test, and yes i have tried to use the data cables for OS drive I even removed all drives ,