[SOLVED] No post after overclock

Feb 18, 2019
So i overclocked my ram (teamgroup 16gb 2400 2 sticks at 1.2) to 2667 at 1.36 and PC booted (i observed that ram voltage changed in bios from 1.36 to 1.34 and them comeback)this time i tried to oc my cpu (ryzen 7 1700) to 3.5 at 1.25v and adter that the PC stoped posting. My motherboard is MSI Tomahawk b350. When i tri to boot i can see 2 leds on top right that are lighting but just for 2 seconds , i tried to switch ram slots from 2-4 to 1-3,i tried reseting bios by removing cmos battery (realy strange If You dom t remove gpu) i used some toilet paper to clean IT and put IT Back still nothing i used the speaker and after 3 restarta IT had 3 long beps with those leds still lighting then PC stops just to open again with no beps or led s

What can i do? I don t know how to use jumper to reset bios

Solution
You can reset the BIOS by removing the battery AND unplugging the system power. Leave the battery out and system unplugged for at least 10 mins for caps to fully drain.

Kree6427

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
You don't need to use a jumper to restart your bios. If your motherboard has JBAT1 pins, then all you need to do is use a screwdriver to jump them for around 10 seconds. But I would prefer doing what alceryes said by unplugging the pc and taking out the CMOS battery for at least 10 minutes before plugging back in and booting. I'm going through a similar issue right now. I have tried resetting bios by jumping the CMOS over 10 times but the PC still won't post. When I get home today, I will try doing as alceryes instructed.

Feb 18, 2019
You can reset the BIOS by removing the battery AND unplugging the system power. Leave the battery out and system unplugged for at least 10 mins for caps to fully drain.
Yeap thx IT works ,now I got a more interesting problem but i think i need a mew thread for that since IT s about oc capabilities

Feb 18, 2019
You don't need to use a jumper to restart your bios. If your motherboard has JBAT1 pins, then all you need to do is use a screwdriver to jump them for around 10 seconds. But I would prefer doing what alceryes said by unplugging the pc and taking out the CMOS battery for at least 10 minutes before plugging back in and booting. I'm going through a similar issue right now. I have tried resetting bios by jumping the CMOS over 10 times but the PC still won't post. When I get home today, I will try doing as alceryes instructed.
Well IT worked i didn t knew before that IT needs to Be remove for a long time