Question No Post after PC already worked.

May 16, 2019
Hi,

i recently build a new computer with these specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk
Ram: Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2x8) DDR4 DRAM 3000 MHz C15
GPU: ASUS RX VEGA 56 AREZ STRIX OC GAMING
SSD: Samsung MZ-V7S500BW SSD 970 EVO Plus 500 GB M.2
PSU: Corsair TX750M

After i used it for about 1 Week (everything was working finde) it randomly kind of turned of. Which means my screens went black, while the fans and the RGB on Motherboard and GPU stayed on.
So i decided to turn it completely off and restart everything, but it did not post only the fans and the RGB on Motherboard and GPU went on. This will happen every time I restart it.

Symptoms:
  • All Fans (Case/CPU/GPU) turn on.
  • RGB on Fans/GPU/Motherboard work.
  • No signal on any of the screens
  • The EZ Debug LEDs on the motherboard show this
    • When turned on CPU lights up for about a second, then nothing happens.
    • DRAM / VGA / BOOT do not light up at all
  • No Beeb tones from the motherboard speaker
  • When RGB keyboard/mouse is connected they don´t light up

Here is what i already tried:

• Checked if the CPU power connector and the ATX connector are in place.
  • Tried to use only one of the RAM modules in order to see if one of them were broken.
    • When I insert no ram i get the corresponding error beeb code.
I have no idea what else to try, since I did not change any BIOS settings and the computer already worked i don´t think its a motherboard problem.

I hope you can help me and thanks a lot if you try to! :)

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
do you have a spare system you can test parts with?
the fact that the motherboard yells at you with no RAM leads me to pre-clear the mobo as an issue.
the screen blackout followed by no video boot leads me so suggest trying the GPU in another system/another GPU in this system and see if they POST.

this is a new system no boot checklist/troubleshooter it may be helpful in tracking down issues.

I agree that the GPU is a possible issue, but if you remove the GPU and the system will still not POST (verifiable by watching the EZ debug LEDS or beep codes) then I suspect the motherboard or even the CPU is where the fault lies. The good news is that this is a new system and you should be able to get warranty replacement parts.

May 10, 2019
Hi,

i recently build a new computer with these specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk
Ram: Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2x8) DDR4 DRAM 3000 MHz C15
GPU: ASUS RX VEGA 56 AREZ STRIX OC GAMING
SSD: Samsung MZ-V7S500BW SSD 970 EVO Plus 500 GB M.2
PSU: Corsair TX750M

After i used it for about 1 Week (everything was working finde) it randomly kind of turned of. Which means my screens went black, while the fans and the RGB on Motherboard and GPU stayed on.
So i decided to turn it completely off and restart everything, but it did not post only the fans and the RGB on Motherboard and GPU went on. This will happen every time I restart it.

Symptoms:
  • All Fans (Case/CPU/GPU) turn on.
  • RGB on Fans/GPU/Motherboard work.
  • No signal on any of the screens
  • The EZ Debug LEDs on the motherboard show this
    • When turned on CPU lights up for about a second, then nothing happens.
    • DRAM / VGA / BOOT do not light up at all
  • No Beeb tones from the motherboard speaker
  • When RGB keyboard/mouse is connected they don´t light up
Here is what i already tried:

• Checked if the CPU power connector and the ATX connector are in place.
  • Tried to use only one of the RAM modules in order to see if one of them were broken.
    • When I insert no ram i get the corresponding error beeb code.
I have no idea what else to try, since I did not change any BIOS settings and the computer already worked i don´t think its a motherboard problem.

I hope you can help me and thanks a lot if you try to! :)
Try switching your ssd to a different m.2 slot, i had a similar issue recently.

May 16, 2019
In order to help other people with this Problem here is what finally happened:

After trying a different Power supply without resolving the issue i contacted the supplier i got the parts from and got the Motherboard replaced.
Unfortunately even with a new Motherboard the exact same Error occurred. Finally after contacting the supplier again i got the old motherboard back and a new CPU.

With the new CPU everything is working fine now.

=> Be careful trusting the Debug LEDs. Even though the LED for the CPU went of (which means it was detected) the CPU did not do anything at all and was clearly causing the issue.

Thanks for your help guys :)

TRENDING THREADS