[SOLVED] No POST and no display on new build ?

skykhan123

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2015
Hi,

I built a new PC, and it did not POST, no display on the monitor. The monitor is working though when I plugged it into my old PC.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Mobo: MSI B450M Mortar Max
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x 8gb 3200mhz
Storage: WD Blue SN550 500GB NVMe M.2
PSU: Corsair CV550 550W

I just plugged the HDMI cable onto the motherboard's HDMI port, but there is no display.

The CPU fan is spinning, keyboard and mouse were detected, and all of the EZ Debug LEDs did not light up (off):
  1. CPU-LED lit on: please reinstall the CPU and check if there is bending CPU pins or other abnormal on the CPU and CPU socket.
  2. DRAM-LED lit on: The RAM or CPU is not detected or fail or be incompatible with the motherboard.
  3. VGA-LED lit on: the graphics card or the CPU with integrated graphics is not detected or fail
  4. BOOT-LED lit on: Indicates the booting device is not detected or fail
I have not yet tried to take out my old 750 Ti and seat it into the new PC to see if it will display something.

• RAM sticks are seated on 2 and 4
  • NVMe M.2 is seated in the upper slot
I am not sure if I posted this in the correct section.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

skykhan123

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2015
As the Ryzen 5 2600 does not have an integrated GPU, you need to install a graphics card, then connect your monitor to that.

I have also come across the word IGP, is it the same with integrated GPU that you mentioned?

I am planning to buy a 1660 Super or a 5600 XT, I just built what I have without the GPU so that I can install the necessary softwares, etc.

Thank you very much for your advice, I will try and take out my 750 Ti and have a go at it.

EDIT: I really did need to have a GPU in order to have a display. Thank you very much for your help!

Last edited:
Yes, IGP means Integrated Graphics Processor --- that's the graphics chip that's built in to the CPU, but some CPUs (like yours) don't have one.

Some years ago it was common for many motherboards to have their own graphics processor built in (referred to as "on-board graphics") but motherboard manufacturers don't fit on-board graphics any more since graphics-capable CPUs became available.