[SOLVED] No Post and No display

Jan 19, 2022
Hi Guys,

Recently I tried cleaning my pc including the CPU fan. as it turned off itself sometimes if I open a game. After I plug everything back also connect an extra Fan, the PC power got on and off repeatedly for 2 sec. No display showed.

Before when the PC was working, after reconnecting the pc with the power cable, I pressed the power button, the pc can be on for 2 sec then off for 2 sec, then on and running normally.

I thought maybe I didn't install the CPU properly, then I re-do the CPU part with paste and power on it. this time the pc kept the power on and all fans are spinning, also the led light on the motherboard is on but no display out and no POST or beep sound.

I bought another motherboard pre-owned and tested from eBay, it kept the same, all fans are spinning but no display out and no post or beep.

I Think

1. the problem with my PSU? ( but all fans are spinning also led light on the motherboard is on, and I test PSU with clip, 4&5 slot, PSU fan is running)
  2. the problem with my motherboard? ( i am unlucky got another bad motherboard from eBay?)
  3. the problem with my CPU ( I bought another CPU and waiting for the test and come back for the result later)
  4. the problem with the CPU fan? ( it was spinning all the time, any case if the Motherboard can't detect the fan? then no POST?)

Please help me as I need to let my PC back to work.

Thanks

Solution
Hi Guys,

Recently I tried cleaning my pc including the CPU fan. as it turned off itself sometimes if I open a game. After I plug everything back also connect an extra Fan, the PC power got on and off repeatedly for 2 sec. No display showed.

Before when the PC was working, after reconnecting the pc with the power cable, I pressed the power button, the pc can be on for 2 sec then off for 2 sec, then on and running normally.

I thought maybe I didn't install the CPU properly, then I re-do the CPU part with paste and power on it. this time the pc kept the power on and all fans are spinning, also the led light on the motherboard is on but no display out and no POST or beep sound.

I bought another motherboard pre-owned and tested from...

Mr.Tibbs

Commendable
Oct 22, 2021
Hi Guys,

I bought another motherboard pre-owned and tested from eBay, it kept the same, all fans are spinning but no display out and no post or beep.

I Think

1. the problem with my PSU? ( but all fans are spinning also led light on the motherboard is on, and I test PSU with clip, 4&5 slot, PSU fan is running)
  2. the problem with my motherboard? ( i am unlucky got another bad motherboard from eBay?)
  3. the problem with my CPU ( I bought another CPU and waiting for the test and come back for the result later)
  4. the problem with the CPU fan? ( it was spinning all the time, any case if the Motherboard can't detect the fan? then no POST?)

Thanks
Hi Guys,

I Think

Thanks
Very frustrating situation some people report when they just move their motherboard to another case. Imagine a service tech working on a Lawyers or Doctors computer that was up and running and then this happens.

They told me to just get a replacement motherboard. The warranty from the manufacturer says check it out again outside the case. When we see it is not the other components, it must be the motherboard. Twice I solved this issue with a low priced motherboard I got online. The Windows software sometimes activates with the Product Key we have thinking it is the same motherboard.
I could be the motherboard. Bios corrupted as if the processor was crush on a delicate PSU socket from the cooling fan. Somehow the power does not get through to the RAM so various error codes come in.
Sorry to hear you have this problem. I have had it twice and had to replace the motherboard which solved the issue.

Solution