[SOLVED] No POST beep on startup

proak99

Commendable
Dec 21, 2017
Hi.
I have had this issue for maybe a year, that my pc wont boot when i start it. It wont turn on peripherals and dont do post beep. But when i shut it down by pressing power button and turn it on again it works but have to manually select right boot device.

But yesterday i changed mobo battery and then it only starts up if i turn off all power, take the battery out of mobo and put it back in.

Problem is that when i try to boot windows it just does bsod and when it says that it will automatically restart computer it just shuts down peripherals and computer stays on.

Then i have to shut it manually and turn off power and take battery out and put it back for it to even boot into bios(if i wont take battery out it just wont do post beep)

Tried taking RAM out and switching slots but no difference.

MOBO: Asus z170 pro gaming
CPU: i5 7600k
GPU: Geforce rtx 2060
Ram: Hyperx fury 2x8gb
PSU: Silverstone 500W
SSD: Samsung 850 evo 500GB

Solution
Little update.

I succesfully got windows to boot up(did factory reset, was pain in the a$$ because had to restart manually because it still wont shutdown itself) and seems to be that every other component is working correctly other than mobo or possibly PSU. After assembling havent tried to shut it off or restart but atleast now i got it to boot up compeletely.

I will get a new mobo and possibly new CPU because both are outdated. Will post result here.

dimtodim and Turtle Rig thanks for the help

This mobo is supposed to make the post beep and its making that, only the first time after the CMOS Reset. And when it doesnt beep it doesnt boot even to bios
Our pleasure my friend. thanks for your kind words. We are here for you...

dimtodim

Reputable
Hi.
I have had this issue for maybe a year, that my pc wont boot when i start it. It wont turn on peripherals and dont do post beep. But when i shut it down by pressing power button and turn it on again it works but have to manually select right boot device.

But yesterday i changed mobo battery and then it only starts up if i turn off all power, take the battery out of mobo and put it back in.

Problem is that when i try to boot windows it just does bsod and when it says that it will automatically restart computer it just shuts down peripherals and computer stays on.

Then i have to shut it manually and turn off power and take battery out and put it back for it to even boot into bios(if i wont take battery out it just wont do post beep)

Tried taking RAM out and switching slots but no difference.

MOBO: Asus z170 pro gaming
CPU: i5 7600k
GPU: Geforce rtx 2060
Ram: Hyperx fury 2x8gb
PSU: Silverstone 500W
SSD: Samsung 850 evo 500GB
try unplug everything just stay with cpu, cpu cooler and one stick ram and see what happened?monitor plug direct to motherboard

proak99

Commendable
Dec 21, 2017
its strange really
Now i have plugged on: monitor, keyboard, cpu and cooler, 1 ram and ssd.
I got it to boot with boot overdrive and went to windows diagnostics and i choose to clear all files and to default settings.

Then it got to 100%(maybe it started to restart itself) and suddenly lost all peripherals (screen lost signal and keyboard shut off)and computer stays on still.

This IS the problem. System does not know to restart. It just stays on and then i have to manually shut it down and when i try firing it up it wont start without cmos reset

dimtodim

Reputable
Now i have plugged on: monitor, keyboard, cpu and cooler, 1 ram and ssd.
I got it to boot with boot overdrive and went to windows diagnostics and i choose to clear all files and to default settings.

Then it got to 100%(maybe it started to restart itself) and suddenly lost all peripherals (screen lost signal and keyboard shut off)and computer stays on still.

This IS the problem. System does not know to restart. It just stays on and then i have to manually shut it down and when i try firing it up it wont start without cmos reset
looks like u have problem with motherboard

proak99

Commendable
Dec 21, 2017
if u can check first PSU if that works u have problem with mobo...maybe some capacitor is dead that it easy to fix
I have looked at mobo capacitors but all seem to be ok. How can i test PSU abd how it would affect to pc not shutting down

Maybe i should just order new mobo because its so old already and would go bad in few years after all

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
This thread resonating big time. Look todays computers or cases do not have speakers so not hearing a beep ir normal first and foremost. As for your issue I would RMA and just buy a different brand and model motherboard this time just to stir things up and make it fun. But once again no beep has been going on for me for over a decade+. It was the old days in the 90's and early 2000's where you would hear a beep on post. Good Luck.👶💯🎗✝

proak99

Commendable
Dec 21, 2017
This thread resonating big time. Look todays computers or cases do not have speakers so not hearing a beep ir normal first and foremost. As for your issue I would RMA and just buy a different brand and model motherboard this time just to stir things up and make it fun. But once again no beep has been going on for me for over a decade+. It was the old days in the 90's and early 2000's where you would hear a beep on post. Good Luck.👶💯🎗✝
Little update.

I succesfully got windows to boot up(did factory reset, was pain in the a$$ because had to restart manually because it still wont shutdown itself) and seems to be that every other component is working correctly other than mobo or possibly PSU. After assembling havent tried to shut it off or restart but atleast now i got it to boot up compeletely.

I will get a new mobo and possibly new CPU because both are outdated. Will post result here.

This mobo is supposed to make the post beep and its making that, only the first time after the CMOS Reset. And when it doesnt beep it doesnt boot even to bios

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Little update.

Our pleasure my friend. thanks for your kind words. We are here for you 24/7 buds. Ok so the motherboard has a speaker that is really odd and it is probably so because its a older motherboard. When you don't hear a beep and sometimes you do and you login. I would almost guarantee you the motherboard is botched. Your CPU and PSU and Video card and RAM are all fine. For the hell of tho I would go into BIOS when it does post and set to optimized defaults. I doubt its the RAM as I said before because if it boots into Windows then your good to go unless your getting IRQ LESS NOR EQUAL BSOD or other BSODs which you aren't. If you need recommendation on new MOBO and CPU and possibly RAM hit me up and I will get you the best bang for your buck depending on what your budget is. So do tell me your country and budget my friend and well sort this out for you before you know it. No worries.✝🎗💯👶

Solution